How to update the Mavic Pro firmware version on the quadcopter, remote controller and battery is very important. Having the latest Mavic Pro firmware release is important as these updates will contain new features and will have fixes for issues with your drone.
These firmware releases are just as important for the remote controller, the battery or any of the hardware and software components of your drone.
There are 2 ways to upgrade the Mavic Pro firmware and the remote controller. You can update using the DJI Go 4 app or the DJI Assistant 2 app using a computer. You can also update the Mavic quadcopter and remote controller separately.
Below are instructions including videos for updating the Mavic Pro with DJI Assistant 2 and DJI Go 4 apps.
After the instructions, I have listed the new features and issues which have been added and resolved with each firmware release for the Mavic Pro. In fact, it is always very interesting to read the Mavic Pro firmware release notes before you install the update. The firmware release notes will tell you what the firmware will do for your Mavic whether it will fix something or add a new feature.
How To Update the Mavic Pro Firmware
Important Notes on Firmware Updates
- Visit the DJI Mavic download page and install the DJI Go 4 App and or the DJI Assistant 2 App depending on which method of update you choose.
- Make sure your Mavic Pro, remote controller and mobile device have at least 50% charge in them. However, it is best to have them fully charged.
- Ensure that you have a strong internet connection without interruption for the duration of the downloading of the Mavic firmware.
- Never disconnect the aircraft from the computer during the firmware update. If this happens, then the Mavic firmware update will fail. It could also corrupt the existing firmware. Then your Mavic will not fly until the correct firmware has been installed.
Update Mavic Pro And RC Firmware Using DJI Assistant 2
Use the DJI Assistant 2 to update the firmware for the quadcopter and remote controller drone at the same time.DJI Ad
- With the remote controller and the aircraft powered off, connect the remote controller to a computer through the charging port using a micro USB cable
- Power on the Mavic Pro Remote Controller and Mavic Pro quadcopter and make sure both are connected
- Open the DJI Assistant 2 application and login to your DJI account
- Select “Mavic Pro” and click on the “Firmware Updates” on the left panel
- Select the firmware version that you wish to update
- Wait for the firmware to be downloaded and the firmware update process will start automatically
- Reboot the Mavic Pro quadcopter and the remote controller after the firmware update is complete
Notes on Updating the Mavic Pro Using DJI Assistant 2
- The Mavic Pro remote controller and the quadcopter can be updated separately.
- If you want to just update the Mavic Pro quadcopter, you would just connect the quadcopter to the computer using the micro USB port on the quadcopter
- The firmware update will take about 15 minutes
This video shows you exactly how to upgrade the Mavic pro to the latest firmware release using the DJI Assistant 2 app. It shows you also how you can upgrade the Mavic remote controller separately.
Updating Mavic Pro And RC Firmware Using DJI Go 4 App
Follow these instructions to update the Mavic Pro firmware to the latest release using the DJI Go 4 app;
- Open the DJI Go app from your cellphone or tablet device
- Click on the “Upgrade Now” button in the top right of your screen which is highlighted in red
- Click on the blue “Download Now” button which will start to download the latest firmware release from DJI
- When the Mavic firmware file has completely downloaded, click on the blue “Start Update” button which appears further down the screen
- When the upgrade process has finished, click the blue “Complete” button at the bottom of the screen which will finish the process
The firmware update should take 5 minutes for the Remote Controller and 10 minutes for the Mavic Pro quadcopter. Here is an excellent video which shows you how easy it is to update the Mavic Pro firmware using the DJI Go 4 app.
Previous Mavic Pro Firmware Releases
Below are listed the Mavic Pro firmware version released to date. It is very interesting to read about the new features which have been added and also various bugs and issues which were also resolved by updating the Mavic software.
Mavic Pro Firmware Version: v01.03.0500
Release Date : 2017.03.02
- Updated No-Fly Zone management.
- Optimized gimbal calibration.
Mavic Pro Firmware Version: v01.03.0400
Release Date : 02/14/2017
- Added a self-diagnostic test function for ultrasonic sensors every time the aircraft is powered on.
- Improved the Interval Mode performance.
- Upgraded the D-Log color mode to extend dynamic range.
- Optimized the video transmission by reducing the transmission signal loss ratio.
Mavic Pro Firmware Version: v01.03.0200
Release Date : 12/26/2016
- Improved gimbal performance when flying in low temperatures.
- Added Cinematic Mode for smoother the footage.
Mavic Pro Firmware Version: v01.03.0000
Release Date : 12/06/2016
- Added AR route display in TapFly mode when used with the DJI GO 4 app.
- Added a vibration warning for the remote controller when the aircraft enters ATTI mode.
- Added wind speed evaluation and a high wind speed warning.
- Added more film looks and color modes (when used with the DJI GO 4 app).
- Optimized the compass algorithm to reduce switching from GPS Mode to ATTI Mode.
- Improved magnetic detection for the remote controller. The aircraft will now return to home when strong magnetic interference is detected.
- Improved the speed at which the HD video link connection can be regained after disruption.
- Optimized altitude maintenance capabilities when flying over water.
- Optimized Gesture Mode.
- Improved the indoor flying experience by shortening the minimum distance from an obstacle from 3m to 1m.
- Optimized power management for long-term battery storage.
Mavic Pro Firmware Version: v01.02.0900
Release Date : 11/09/2016
- Optimized Remote Controller Calibration
- Adjusted default gimbal pitch smoothing value from 10 to 15 for smoother movement.
- Increased USB connection stability.
- Adjusted camera color.
- Fixed occasional remote control command timeout.
- Fixed occasional unresponsiveness to remote controller commands.
- Deleted support for using C1 or C2 button to launch the DJI GO app on iOS.
Mavic Pro Firmware Version: v01.02.0810
Release Date : 10/23/2016
- Optimized the Return-to-Home and Landing (refer to the user manual for details).
- Reduced descent issue caused from flying indoors to outdoors.
- Minimized an overheating issue resulting from not removing the gimbal clamp after powering on the aircraft.
- Improved the stability of the aircraft when switching between Portrait and Landscape.
- Optimized the ActiveTrack experience, keeping moving subjects in center frame more effectively and smoothing footage.
- Optimized control parameters to improve the flight experience.
- Fixed occasional issue of GPS signal loss.
- To solve the incorrect description of the error message which caused by mis-configuration of the parameter list.