Read the latest drone news today along with new developments in the unmanned aircraft systems aviation (UAV) industry.
These daily drone news articles cover the latest innovations, developments, research and regulations from the top UAV bloggers, service providers and manufacturers.
Drone news and articles from experts including SUAS News, UAV Expert News, DroneBlog, Unmanned Aerial, Rotor Drone Mag, Dronelife, 3DR, the Drone Girl, Gizmodo drone feed and many more.
This drone news web page covers today and the previous 7 days of drone news.
Latest Drone News
Scroll down for all the latest drone news. Articles open in a separate tab.
- Can You Fly the DJI Mini 2 SE at Night? (Explained for Beginners)by Elizabeth Ciobanu on September 29, 2023 at 11:07 pm
In this topic, we will explore the DJI Mini 2 SE capabilities of filming or photographing at night and the legal side of it.
- DIU – Enterprise Test Vehicleby Press on September 29, 2023 at 2:24 pm
The Department of Defense replenishment rates for unmanned aerial delivery vehicles are neither capable of meeting surge demand nor achieving affordable mass. The current design
- Army Awards FTUAS Option 2by Press on September 29, 2023 at 12:35 pm
Redstone Arsenal, Ala.: The U.S. Army has concluded the first agreement option period and awarded the second agreement option for the Future Tactical Uncrewed Aircraft
- Restrictions, Regulations, and Revenue: Going to Market with Emerging Technologiesby Miriam McNabb on September 29, 2023 at 12:20 pm
The first in an occasional column on bringing products to market in emerging technologies, by industry marketing expert Amy T. Wiegand: Go-to-Market Propeller. Continue reading below, or listen: DroneLife · Restrictions – Regulations – And – Revenue DroneLife recently highlighted feedback to our top-of-mind question, “How will the FAA enable the next generation of The post Restrictions, Regulations, and Revenue: Going to Market with Emerging Technologies appeared first on DRONELIFE.
- FAA Authorization Runs Out on September 30 – and the Government May Shut Down. What Happens Then?by Miriam McNabb on September 29, 2023 at 11:45 am
It’s a double-whammy for the FAA. As Congress seems no closer to a deal that would avert a government shutdown in the U.S., an FAA Reauthorization package – the tax bill that funds the FAA – has also stalled for too long in the Senate. Continue reading below, or listen: DroneLife · FAA – Reauthorization The post FAA Authorization Runs Out on September 30 – and the Government May Shut Down. What Happens Then? appeared first on DRONELIFE.
- BVLOS approval: These four drone companies now hold the coveted FAA authorizationby Sally French on September 29, 2023 at 10:40 am
The past month or so has been a big one for the state of American drones — and more specifically those that fly beyond the operator’s line of sight (BVLOS). Since August 24, 2023, the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) has granted BVLOS approval to four companies, allowing them to operate select drones without a visual The post BVLOS approval: These four drone companies now hold the coveted FAA authorization appeared first on The Drone Girl.
- Brazilian Drone Delivery Startup MICAELIS VERTIPORT Joins Drone Logistics Ecosystemby Press on September 29, 2023 at 7:59 am
São Paulo, Brazil – Today, we extend a warm welcome to MICAELIS VERTIPORT, the trailblazing Brazilian company dedicated to drone passenger and cargo delivery services.
- FAA Remote ID – What to Knowby Press on September 29, 2023 at 7:44 am
We know you have questions about Remote Identification (ID). We’re here to help you figure it out. Do I have to fly with Remote ID? Remote ID
- DJI Mavic 3 Pro Review (I have NEVER flown a drone that I enjoyed so much)by Dan Bayne on September 29, 2023 at 12:23 am
This is a full review and hands-on experience of one of the best consumer drones released by DJI, the DJI Mavic 3 Pro.
- Levi & Korsinsky Notifies Archer Aviation Inc.(ACHR) Investors of a Class Action Lawsuit and Upcoming Deadlineby Press on September 28, 2023 at 7:52 pm
Levi & Korsinsky, LLP notifies investors in Archer Aviation Inc. (“Archer” or the “Company”) (NYSE: ACHR) of a class action securities lawsuit. CLASS DEFINITION: The lawsuit seeks to recover
- Freefly and Doodle Labs partner to showcase Astro drone platform’s capability for disaster responseby Press on September 28, 2023 at 7:39 pm
ANAHEIM, CA – Doodle Labs, a leading datalink provider for mobile robotics and connected teams, has teamed up with Freefly Systems Inc., an American corporation that
- Drone-based LiDAR surveys for the feasibility of renewable energy productionby Luke Wijnberg on September 28, 2023 at 2:30 pm
Drones have been used for many years post-construction of renewable energy projects such as solar and wind farms for inspection purposes. The use of a
- Eve and Moviation sign letter of intent for first eVTOL urban ATM agreement in South Koreaby Press on September 28, 2023 at 2:14 pm
Eve Air Mobility (“Eve”) (NYSE: EVEX; EVEXW) and Moviation, South Korea’s first Urban Air Mobility (UAM) service provider, announced the signature of a Letter of
- Aerial Precision leads the way in LiDAR technology: sells AP-LiDAR-One to SABCAby Press on September 28, 2023 at 1:57 pm
Aerial Precision, a leading innovator in LiDAR sensor technology, is thrilled to announce a significant milestone in its journey. We have successfully sold our unmatched
- High Lander UTM now has soft-kill capabilities via Sentrycs partnershipby Press on September 28, 2023 at 1:34 pm
High Lander, a leading provider of drone fleet management and uncrewed traffic management software, and Sentrycs, a global leader in integrated counter-drone technology, have partnered
- Red Cat clocks record revenue in Q1 2024 — as U.S. government keeps ordering more dronesby Sally French on September 28, 2023 at 10:18 am
The first quarter of fiscal year 2023 was a record breaker for Red Cat, the parent company of Teal (which is most famously known for its Teal 2 drone). Red Cat, which is based in Puerto Rico, reported record revenue for the first quarter of fiscal 2024, which is the three months ending July 30, The post Red Cat clocks record revenue in Q1 2024 — as U.S. government keeps ordering more drones appeared first on The Drone Girl.
- Public Safety Drone Review: How Police in the UK Utilize Drone Technologyby Miriam McNabb on September 27, 2023 at 8:08 pm
National Police Chiefs’ Council Drone Portfolio, on the Next Public Safety Drone Review! Tuesday, October 3 at 3:00 PM ET Continue reading below, or listen: DroneLife · Public – Safety – Drone – Review – UKs – National – Police – Chiefs – Council – Drone – PortfolioDon’t miss the October 3 episode of the Public The post Public Safety Drone Review: How Police in the UK Utilize Drone Technology appeared first on DRONELIFE.
- Terra Drone Acquires Agricultural Spraying and Mapping Drone Company Avirtech: Expands Terra Agri Brandby Miriam McNabb on September 27, 2023 at 7:35 pm
Drone services giant Terra Drone Acquires Agriculture Startup Avirtech by DRONELIFE Staff Writer Ian M. Crosby Continue reading below, or listen: DroneLife · Terra – Drone – Acquires – Avirtech – Expands – Terra – Agri – Brand Drone and Urban Air Mobility (UAM) technology leader Terra Drone Corporation is entering the precision agriculture sector The post Terra Drone Acquires Agricultural Spraying and Mapping Drone Company Avirtech: Expands Terra Agri Brand appeared first on DRONELIFE.
- Indian State Supports Domestic Drone Industry with Agricultural Mechanization Subsidyby Miriam McNabb on September 27, 2023 at 7:04 pm
Tamil Nadu Government Approves Agricultural Mechanization Scheme Subsidy for Garuda Aerospace. Continue reading below, or listen: DroneLife · Indian – State – Grants – Agricultural – Mechanization – Subsidy – To – Garuda – Aerospace by DRONELIFE Staff Writer Walker Robinson Garuda Aerospace has received a subsidy from Tamil Nadu State Government. This Subsidy will The post Indian State Supports Domestic Drone Industry with Agricultural Mechanization Subsidy appeared first on DRONELIFE.
- DJI Air 3 vs. Mini 4 Pro: Which drone is better for you?by Caroline Dobrez on September 27, 2023 at 9:44 am
DJI has two different lines of drones that are generally considered consumer or something for a hobby photographer (or perhaps a professional photographer on a budget who doesn’t want all the bells and whistles of a Mavic). Those are the DJI Air and DJI Mini lines — and both lines got major new editions recently. The post DJI Air 3 vs. Mini 4 Pro: Which drone is better for you? appeared first on The Drone Girl.
- DJI Air 3 vs. Mavic 2 Pro (Here’s My Choice)by Peter Karanja on September 26, 2023 at 9:57 pm
This is an in-depth comparison of two fantastic drones, the new DJI Air 3 and the older Mavic 2 Pro. Which one is better and why?
- Drone Laws in Romania (Everything You Need to Know)by Elizabeth Ciobanu on September 26, 2023 at 9:54 pm
Here in this topic, we will share everything we know about the drone laws in Romania.
- INTERGEO 2023 in Berlin: Even More Focus on Dronesby Harry McNabb on September 26, 2023 at 5:46 pm
INTERGEO is the world’s largest GIS show, held each year in a different German community. This year, INTERGEO 2023 will be held in Berlin, October 10-12. Continue reading below, or listen: DroneLife · INTERGEO – Coming – To – Berlin Drones have been a critical tool in surveying since they became common in commercial use, The post INTERGEO 2023 in Berlin: Even More Focus on Drones appeared first on DRONELIFE.
- Skyfront Perimeter 8 Receives First Green UAS Certification from AUVSIby Miriam McNabb on September 26, 2023 at 4:37 pm
Skyfront Perimeter 8 and Perimeter 8+ first to receive ‘Green UAS Cleared’ drone security certification Continue reading below, or listen: DroneLife · Skyfront – Perimeter – 8-Receives – First – Green – UAS – CertificationThe Association for Uncrewed Vehicle Systems International (AUVSI) announced the Skyfront Perimeter 8 and 8+ have received the AUVSI Green UAS The post Skyfront Perimeter 8 Receives First Green UAS Certification from AUVSI appeared first on DRONELIFE.
- Drone Search and Rescue Operations on the Drone Radio Show Podcast: 2D Dummiesby Miriam McNabb on September 26, 2023 at 4:01 pm
Drone search and rescue operations on the Drone Radio Show Podcast! The CEO of 2D Dummies speaks with host Randy Goers about public safety training. Stream below: Drone Radio Show · Reshaping Public Safety Training: The 2D Dummies Revolution – Roger Hall, CEO 2D Dummies Roger Hall is CEO and Founder of 2D Dummies. 2D The post Drone Search and Rescue Operations on the Drone Radio Show Podcast: 2D Dummies appeared first on DRONELIFE.
- Virtual Surveyor Releases Newest Version of Smart Drone Surveying Software: Now with Photogrammetryby Miriam McNabb on September 26, 2023 at 3:28 pm
Virtual Surveyor Releases New Photogrammetry App: Completing Drone Survey Workflow Continue reading below, or listen: DroneLife · Virtual – Surveyor – Adds – Photogrammetry – To – Drone – Surveying – Package by DRONELIFE Staff Writer Ian M. Crosby Software company Virtual Surveyor has updated the newest version of its smart drone surveying software to The post Virtual Surveyor Releases Newest Version of Smart Drone Surveying Software: Now with Photogrammetry appeared first on DRONELIFE.
- DJI Mini 4 Pro vs. Mini 3 Pro vs. Mini 3: Which drone is best?by Caroline Dobrez on September 26, 2023 at 9:12 am
When DJI announced that their newest drone — the DJI Mini 4 Pro — would feature omnidirectional obstacle sensing, it quickly became one of the best (and safest) drones for most people. The DJI Mini 4 drone was launched in September 2023 as the next edition of the DJI Mini line, a line that frequents The post DJI Mini 4 Pro vs. Mini 3 Pro vs. Mini 3: Which drone is best? appeared first on The Drone Girl.
- DJI RC Pro Review (Everything You Need to Know)by Dan Bayne on September 26, 2023 at 12:48 am
In this article, we'll be doing a deep dive into the DJI RC Pro, focusing on everything you may need to know about this advanced, pro level RC.
- The New DJI Mini 4: Here’s What the Reviewers are Saying (and Why)by Miriam McNabb on September 25, 2023 at 5:26 pm
New DJI Mini 4 Launches Today: Here’s What Reviewers Around the World Think Continue reading below, or listen: DroneLife · DJI – New – Mini – 4-What – The – Reviewers – Are – Saying DJI has launched their newest Mini – a powerful flying camera in a tiny form factor. Reviewers around the world The post The New DJI Mini 4: Here’s What the Reviewers are Saying (and Why) appeared first on DRONELIFE.
- DJI Mini 4 Pro review: DJI embraces every feature a beginner drone needsby Caroline Dobrez on September 25, 2023 at 1:03 pm
DJI announced the launch of the DJI Mini 4 Pro today, and it finally offers beginners the most critical safety features — most notably omnidirectional obstacle avoidance. The Mini 4 Pro is easy to fly and attainable to get your hands on given its affordable price point starting at $759. When the DJI Mini 3 The post DJI Mini 4 Pro review: DJI embraces every feature a beginner drone needs appeared first on The Drone Girl.
- The future of education: how drones are transforming teaching and learningby Guest Post on September 23, 2023 at 1:40 pm
The following guest post about educational drones was written by David Santana, a blogger who focuses on writing about the evolution of modern education. Drones and their rapid development have entered a new era of learning and teaching. Drones are at the forefront of innovation — and using them as technological tools has become an The post The future of education: how drones are transforming teaching and learning appeared first on The Drone Girl.
- How to Get a Drone License in Kentucky (Explained for Beginners)by Nicole Malczan on September 23, 2023 at 10:38 am
This guide will cover all the steps for earning a Kentucky drone license usable throughout the United States
- How to Register My Drone in Europe (Explained)by Elizabeth Ciobanu on September 23, 2023 at 12:05 am
In this article, we will explore a few options for registering yourself as a drone operator and getting the required certificates to fly a drone in Europe.
- How to Fly Holy Stone HS720E (Explained for Beginners)by Elizabeth Ciobanu on September 22, 2023 at 11:58 pm
This article is a guide to help you understand how to fly the Holy Stone HS720E.
- International Drone Show Competition seeks to find the top entertainment in dronesby Sally French on September 22, 2023 at 10:34 am
Drone light shows have been all the rage, especially this year. Then there’s other forms of using drones for entertainment, like the folks at Cirque du Soleil who put lampshades around drones and made them dance in a magical arrangement. The folks at SPH Engineering are on a quest to find the absolute best of The post International Drone Show Competition seeks to find the top entertainment in drones appeared first on The Drone Girl.
- Best SD Cards for DJI Mavic 3 (Classic / Pro / Cine)by Dan Bayne on September 22, 2023 at 12:23 am
In this topic, we want to share with you the best SD cards for the Mavic 3 series.
- Part 7: The Biggest Mistakes I Made As A Drone Pilot (The Right Choices Now Will Save You Later!)by Keith Davis on September 22, 2023 at 12:20 am
Here are the biggest mistakes I've made as a drone pilot, part of the on-going series from being a hobbyist to owning a drone business.
- Exclusive interview: FAA gives insight into Remote ID enforcement plansby Sally French on September 21, 2023 at 8:11 am
One of the biggest stories in the drone industry has been the Federal Aviation Administration’s final rule for remote ID, which mandates a way that drones must provide identification and location information. But perhaps one of the bigger stories in drones is the fact that — while the Remote ID deadline was still technically Sept. The post Exclusive interview: FAA gives insight into Remote ID enforcement plans appeared first on The Drone Girl.
- Skydio X10 drone is an ultra-powerful, American made enterprise droneby Sally French on September 20, 2023 at 4:05 pm
It wasn’t long ago that Skydio announced it was sunsetting its consumer drone division. But it didn’t take long for Skydio to prove its capable of making something bigger and — by many accounts — better. That’s because today, the American drone maker announced an all-new drone called the Skydio X10. The Skydio X10 is The post Skydio X10 drone is an ultra-powerful, American made enterprise drone appeared first on The Drone Girl.
- AirData fleet management software brings huge upgrade to Sony Airpeak S1 droneby Sally French on September 19, 2023 at 10:02 am
The Sony Airpeak S1 drone just got a huge upgrade in terms of how operators can manage data from their fleet. Sony today announced a partnership with California-based drone software company AirData UAV, in which AirData UAV will now provide automatic flight data management for Sony’s $9,000 Airpeak S1 drone. The new integration should be The post AirData fleet management software brings huge upgrade to Sony Airpeak S1 drone appeared first on The Drone Girl.
- Commercial UAV Expo to bring thousands of commercial drone professionals to Las Vegas Sep 5-7by RotorDroneMag.com on August 31, 2023 at 1:46 pm
More than 3,500 commercial drone professionals from more than 60 countries will gather at Commercial UAV Expo, the world’s leading commercial drone trade show and conference, to network, connect, and learn about the newest developments in drone technology, applications, and operations. The event takes place at Caesars Forum, Las Vegas, NV, September 5-7, 2023. “Commercial The post Commercial UAV Expo to bring thousands of commercial drone professionals to Las Vegas Sep 5-7 appeared first on RotorDrone.
- Advanced Airspace Summitby RotorDroneMag.com on August 7, 2023 at 6:18 pm
Commercial UAV Expo Launches New Advanced Airspace Summit to address challenges in navigating trust, regulations, and operations in the future of airspace. Organizers of Commercial UAV Expo, the world’s leading commercial drone trade show and conference, have announced an important addition to this year’s conference program: the Advanced Airspace Summit. Commercial UAV Expo takes place The post Advanced Airspace Summit appeared first on RotorDrone.
- Shark Patrol!by RotorDroneMag.com on July 7, 2023 at 3:19 pm
New York Governor Kathy Hochul today announced new shark-monitoring drones will be deployed to local beach communities on Long Island and New York City, building on the State’s previous actions taken to address and enhance beachgoers’ safety at State beaches. Governor Hochul also announced that the New York State Office of Parks, Recreation and Historic The post Shark Patrol! appeared first on RotorDrone.
- DroneUp Tests Hydrogen Fuel Cellsby RotorDroneMag.com on May 1, 2023 at 6:47 pm
Hydrogen fuel cells are steadily catching on in ground-based transportation, but could they soon be a fixture of our airspace? That appears to be the goal for Virginia Beach-based drone delivery firm DroneUp. The Walmart partner, which powers the retailer’s largest-in-the-nation commercial drone delivery network, recently announced its plans to test hydrogen fuel cell technology The post DroneUp Tests Hydrogen Fuel Cells appeared first on RotorDrone.
- Liquid Hydrogen Power for Drone Transatlantic Flightby RotorDroneMag.com on April 24, 2023 at 8:36 pm
H3 Dynamics and Hylium Industries have joined forces to boost the performance of zero emission hydrogen-electric flight for a cross-Atlantic demonstration drone flight. Hylium and H3 Dynamics technologies are currently being integrated to attempt a 3,300km crossing of the South Atlantic, in a program led by ISAE SUPAERO Toulouse, one of the world’s leading aerospace The post Liquid Hydrogen Power for Drone Transatlantic Flight appeared first on RotorDrone.
- X-plane Drone Maneuvers with Air Burstsby RotorDroneMag.com on April 24, 2023 at 8:28 pm
Defensenews.com reported that the Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency (DARPA) has taken a major step forward toward creating an experimental airplane that can be maneuvered without traditional ailerons or other mechanical devices, instead using short bursts of air. DARPA has tapped Aurora Flight Sciences, a Boeing subsidiary, to start detailed design of an experimental aircraft The post X-plane Drone Maneuvers with Air Bursts appeared first on RotorDrone.
- Delivery Drones – Wing CEO and RC airplane enthusiast Adam Woodworth shares the latestby Debra Cleghorn on March 24, 2023 at 8:21 pm
With drone delivery services in the news lately, most people have been wondering when—and how—they’ll get their first packages. We asked Adam Woodworth, CEO of Wing—a drone-delivery company owned by Alphabet Inc., which is also Google’s parent company—about the process. In 2019, Wing became the first drone-delivery company to receive approval from the FAA, and The post Delivery Drones – Wing CEO and RC airplane enthusiast Adam Woodworth shares the latest appeared first on RotorDrone.
- FulcrumAir Installs 1,500 Bird Flight Diverters Using Drones to Protect Energy Infrastructure and Avian Wildlifeby RotorDroneMag.com on March 24, 2023 at 7:13 pm
FulcrumAir has created a unique drone design that diverts birds from powerlines, protecting both energy infrastructure and Avian wildlife. The company has announced the installation of more than 1,500 Power Line Sentry Hawk Eye Bird Flight Diverters (BFDs) under a pilot program for Atlantic City Electric, which serves about 560,000 customers across southern New Jersey. The post FulcrumAir Installs 1,500 Bird Flight Diverters Using Drones to Protect Energy Infrastructure and Avian Wildlife appeared first on RotorDrone.
- BAE unveils the Strix, a fascinating, tail-sitting X-wing VTOL UAVby RotorDroneMag.com on March 24, 2023 at 7:07 pm
BAE Systems, Australia, has unveiled a fascinating new autonomous, hybrid, VTOL UAV for military use. The STRIX, developed in Australia, folds to fit inside a shipping container, and is capable of carrying 160 kg (353 lb) of payload over 800 km (500 miles). The STRIX was unveiled at Australia’s recent Avalon Air Show, in front The post BAE unveils the Strix, a fascinating, tail-sitting X-wing VTOL UAV appeared first on RotorDrone.
- TJ-FlyingFish Drone Autonomously Swims Underwater and Fliesby RotorDroneMag.com on March 24, 2023 at 7:00 pm
A new Chinese drone, the TJ-FlyingFish, is gaining attention as it looks like something straight out of a Hollywood movie. It is a transformer robot capable of autonomously navigating underwater as an uncrewed underwater vehicle (UUV) and flying in the air as a quadcopter. The drone was developed by a team of scientists from China’s The post TJ-FlyingFish Drone Autonomously Swims Underwater and Flies appeared first on RotorDrone.
- DJI Mini 3 Pro – Review Of Features, Specifications, Price And FAQsby Ian Shutts on June 9, 2022 at 1:53 pm
Professional quality doesn’t come in a smaller package. The DJI Mini 3 Pro is truly the professional of the Mini lineup and the best all-around ... Read more
- Upcoming Drones from DJI for 2022?by Ian Shutts on January 13, 2022 at 2:48 pm
Thanks to a recent tweet, the 2022 announcement lineup has been leaked. According to DealsDrone, there are multiple drones headed for stores this year, from ... Read more
- Parrot ANAFI Ai – Review Of Features And Specsby Ian Shutts on January 8, 2022 at 5:18 pm
The Parrot ANAFI Ai was designed as a partnership with Verizon Skyward as the first 4G drone. With a radical design inspired by nature, the ... Read more
- Skydio 2 – Review Of Features And Specsby Ian Shutts on December 29, 2021 at 11:48 am
The Skydio 2 is your personal camera crew. Built to get everyone into drones, the Skydio 2 uses the same advanced flight capabilities to keep ... Read more
- DJI Action 2 Review Of Features And Specsby Ian Shutts on November 22, 2021 at 10:58 am
With a complete overhaul from the first edition, the DJI Action 2 drops the Osmo name and picks up a modular design and magnetically attachable ... Read more
- The European Drone Legislation.by Ian Shutts on November 21, 2021 at 10:59 am
We all know the problem, you have a drone and you fly it around where and when possible. But then suddenly you decide to go ... Read more
- DJI Mavic 3 Parts, Accessories and Upgradesby Ian Shutts on November 19, 2021 at 11:59 am
By now all drone users and enthusiasts have noticed that DJI has become one of the worlds leading drone producers and their mavic series have ... Read more
- DJI Mavic 3 Review Of Features And Specsby Ian Shutts on November 9, 2021 at 6:36 pm
DJI Mavic 3 Feature and Specs Review DJI’s newest flagship drone, the DJI Mavic 3, once again sets the Mavic line as the go-to videography ... Read more
- DJI FPV Parts, Accessories and Upgradesby Ian Shutts on August 21, 2021 at 9:42 am
In this article, you can read all about possible parts, accessories and upgrades for the DJI FPV. From the simplest parts to the most interesting ... Read more
- DJI Air 2S Parts, Accessories and Upgradesby Ian Shutts on August 20, 2021 at 9:37 am
DJI recently brought the new AIR 2S on the market, a stunning new drone for photographers that demand the highest quality. Naturally there are some ... Read more