Read the latest drone news today along with new developments in the unmanned aircraft systems aviation (UAV) industry.
These daily drone news articles cover the latest innovations, developments, research and regulations from the top UAV bloggers, service providers and manufacturers.
Drone news and articles from experts including SUAS News, UAV Expert News, DroneBlog, Unmanned Aerial, Rotor Drone Mag, Dronelife, 3DR, the Drone Girl, Gizmodo drone feed and many more.
This drone news web page covers today and the previous 7 days of drone news.
Latest Drone News
Scroll down for all the latest drone news. Articles open in a separate tab.
- Rigitech and Leonardo perform Italys first long range BVLOS delivery flightby Press on October 26, 2020 at 10:23 am
RigiTech, in collaboration with Leonardo and Telespazio, have made history in Italy this week by performing long-range drone-based deliveries of healthcare material between two hospitals near Rome’s Fiumicino airport. RigiTech have reached a new milestone on the way to opening the skies for healthcaredeliveries in Europe – the first long-range Beyond-Visual-Line-of-Sight (BVLOS) deliveries of biological
- DJI and Mercedes-Benz EQ Formula E Team have lift-off!by Press on October 26, 2020 at 10:02 am
DJI will supply the Mercedes-Benz EQ Formula E Team with latest aerial imagery and creative camera technology to bring racing fans closer to the action on and off the track DJI, global leader for civilian drones and aerial imaging technology, to become an Official Team Supplier of the Mercedes-Benz EQ Formula E Team Ian James:
- First International Drone Show Choreography Competitionby Press on October 26, 2020 at 9:47 am
European, North and Latin American and Australian drone show experts have united to launch the First International Drone Show Choreography Competition. The goal is to unleash the hidden potential of drone light show animation designers globally and create a community of like-minded people passionate about drones and modern art. The three best authors, selected by
- Paramedics in manned drones to save more livesby Press on October 26, 2020 at 8:23 am
Falck will make manned drones an integral part of its fire and emergency medical services. Before 2025, the first citizens will be met by paramedics flying in drones. The technology is rapidly evolving. Next phase will be to gain concrete experience of how drones may be used in specific situations and to adjust legislation to
- IBM Unveils New Capabilities for Preserving Aging Infrastructure Using AI, 3D Modeling and Data Captureby Press on October 26, 2020 at 8:06 am
IBM (NYSE: IBM) has announced new capabilities in IBM Maximo for Civil Infrastructure to help prolong the lifespan of aging bridges, tunnels, highways, and railways. New enhancements include the ability to deploy on Red Hat OpenShift for hybrid cloud environments, as well as new AI and 3D model annotation tools that can provide deep industry and
- DJI Mavic Air 2 Review Of Features, Specs And FAQsby Fintan Corrigan on October 25, 2020 at 11:15 am
This DJI Mavic Air 2 review looks at the terrific features, specifications and answers the most frequently asked questions on this latest top drone from ... Read more The post DJI Mavic Air 2 Review Of Features, Specs And FAQs appeared first on DroneZon.
- Inside LAANC and UAS Facility Mapsby Press on October 24, 2020 at 3:27 pm
Andrew Elefant LAANC and UAS Facility Maps The purpose of this blog post is to dive a little deeper into LAANC (Low Altitude Authorization and Notification Capability), the system to apply for and receive FAA authorization to operate in controlled airspace. Specifically, this post will go into more detail about UAS Facility Maps (commonly shortened to UASFMs) and the role
- How Drones Are Changing Natural Disaster Responseby Droneblog Editor on October 24, 2020 at 1:02 pm
Guest post by Emily Folk Unmanned aerial vehicles (UAVs), or drones, are versatile innovations. They’re fast, powerful tools that can capture pictures and videos and even collect air or soil samples. Natural disaster drones are especially critical. They help with understanding the damage after a disaster, locating people who need help, distributing resources and preparing
- Reno Partnership Aims to Equip Fire Department with Drones to Conduct Life-Saving River Search and Rescue Operationsby Press on October 24, 2020 at 6:31 am
Iris Automation conducts live demonstration flights of air safety solution for Reno Fire Department under FAA’s Unmanned Aircraft Systems Integration Pilot Program Under the Federal Aviation Administration’s (FAA) Unmanned Aircraft Systems (UAS) Integration Pilot Program (IPP), earlier this week Iris Automation conducted a live drone flight demonstration for the City of Reno Fire Department of its Casia
- UAVOS continues to implement its unmanned aircraft conversion programby Press on October 24, 2020 at 6:09 am
UAVOS has started testing its converted UVH-500 delivery unmanned aerial system(UAS). Designed to compete in an advanced long-distance and intercity transportationsegment of the UAV delivery market, long-range heavy – lift UVH-500 UAS is basedon the piloted CH7 helicopter platform. The trial involves testing of the air basic aircraft systems, emergency operating modes including autorotation landing,
- ArgenTech Solutions and ALTI UAS partnerby Press on October 24, 2020 at 5:19 am
CONCORD, NH – ArgenTech Solutions, Inc has signed a partnership agreement with ALTI Unmanned Aircraft Systems in South Africa to be a sales partner and exclusive North American training and service center. The ALTI line of unmanned aircraft range in size from six feet to eighteen feet across the wings. Designed to launch and land
- Iris Automation and City of Reno Partner on River Search and Rescue Programby Miriam McNabb on October 23, 2020 at 8:35 pm
Iris Automation, providers of the Casia onboard Detect and Avoid (DAA) collision avoidance system, has partnered with the City of Reno under the Federal Aviation Administration’s (FAA) Unmanned Aircraft Systems (UAS) Integration Pilot Program (IPP). The partnership is to develop the River Search and Rescue Program, designed to equip the city’s fire department with drone The post Iris Automation and City of Reno Partner on River Search and Rescue Program appeared first on DRONELIFE.
- Section 2209 Isn’t Familiar to Most Drone Operators – but Advocates Urge the FAA to Comply with itby Miriam McNabb on October 23, 2020 at 8:02 pm
Section 2209 of the FAA Extension, Safety and Security Act of 2016 (the Act) hasn’t been implemented yet. But a group of drone industry advocates urge the FAA to act quickly, in a letter sent to the FAA. Section 2209 was designed to provide some authorities, such as state governments, with a process to apply to The post Section 2209 Isn’t Familiar to Most Drone Operators – but Advocates Urge the FAA to Comply with it appeared first on DRONELIFE.
- Ware Closes Funding Round: the Drone Solution for Warehouse Inventory Countingby Miriam McNabb on October 23, 2020 at 7:07 pm
The latest drone industry startup to score new funding is CA-based Ware, a technology startup deploying autonomous drones for warehouse inventory counting. The Ware funding, $2.5 million in seed-round funding, is heavily driven by drone industry insiders who recognize the potential market for warehouse applications. The Ware funding round was led by “UP Partners, with The post Ware Closes Funding Round: the Drone Solution for Warehouse Inventory Counting appeared first on DRONELIFE.
- How to get booked as a drone conference speaker, according to someone who has spoken across 4 continentsby Sally French on October 23, 2020 at 12:33 pm
Fiona Lake is a professional photographer specializing in agriculture. She’s been in the field for more than 30 years, but in recent years has built up her expertise as a drone pilot focusing on aerial photography. She’s built up her expertise so much, so that she’s become a world-renowned drone conference speaker and drone industry The post How to get booked as a drone conference speaker, according to someone who has spoken across 4 continents appeared first on The Drone Girl.
- INVOLI and AirMarket announce strategic partnership upon being selected as a team for Canada’s official RTM Service Trialsby Press on October 23, 2020 at 8:58 am
As part of one of the two teams selected to perform Canada’s RTM* (RPAS Traffic Management) Trials, INVOLI, leading surveillance solutions provider, and team-leader AirMarket, regulatory technology solution provider for unmanned aviation, capitalize on such success and announce strategic partnership to bring the trials collaboration to the market. The trials aim at generating data and
- NASA’s STEReO: Air Traffic Management for Emergency Responseby Miriam McNabb on October 22, 2020 at 7:40 pm
By DRONELIFE Staff Writer Jim Magill As emergency managers readily adopt the use of drones to aid in the response to natural disasters such as wildfires and hurricanes, the skies above those disaster zones are becoming increasingly crowded with aerial vehicles, both manned and unmanned, creating the need for an automated aerial traffic cop. Enter The post NASA’s STEReO: Air Traffic Management for Emergency Response appeared first on DRONELIFE.
- Parrot Partners with U.S. Firm to Spark Better Battery Chargeby Jason Reagan on October 22, 2020 at 7:27 pm
European drone maker Parrot has announced a partnership with Colorado Drone Chargers to market what company officials are calling a “revolutionary charging system.” A Parrot press releases states the charger will allow drone pilots to simultaneously charge four Parrot ANAFI USA 3400mAh flight batteries in the field in less time than a standard charging system. The CDC The post Parrot Partners with U.S. Firm to Spark Better Battery Charge appeared first on DRONELIFE.
- Join my masterclass on ‘How to pitch your drone business to the press’by Sally French on October 22, 2020 at 11:37 am
Want to learn how to pitch your drone business to the press? Like, getting coverage here — or a news site that’s even bigger? I know a thing or two about how to successfully pitch your drone business. After all, I get dozens of pitches each week. And I’m sharing my years of insights and The post Join my masterclass on ‘How to pitch your drone business to the press’ appeared first on The Drone Girl.
- British Team Completes 72 Hour Drone Flight Testby Jason Reagan on October 21, 2020 at 4:00 pm
A drone with a 150-foot wingspan just completed a 72-hour endurance trial near the English town of Farnborough. A solar-electric, fixed-wing drone, the PHASA-35 completed trials earlier this month in a simulated environment designed to model harsh stratospheric conditions. A collaborative effort by BAE Systems, Prismatic and the UK’s Defence Science and Technology Laboratory (Dstl), the The post British Team Completes 72 Hour Drone Flight Test appeared first on DRONELIFE.
- Episode 59: Understanding ‘Crowddroning’, DJI Ban, First LTE Connection via Drone w/ Helena Samsioeby CJ Smith on October 21, 2020 at 3:44 pm
This week on the InterDrone Podcast we sat down with Helena Samsioe, Founder & CEO GLOBHE, a global drone service provider in Sweden. She is also a Forbes World’s Top 50 Women in Tech. GLOBHE launched the world’s first Crowddroning platform where drone pilots around the world take on paid freelance missions to deliver drone
- DOJ Reports Multiple Drone Violations During Public Eventsby Jason Reagan on October 21, 2020 at 11:22 am
The justice department last week issued a report detailing FBI counter drone missions at key special events in what officials called an attempt to draw attention to rogue drone pilots. The report breaks down the events into “National Special Security Events (NSSEs), Special Events Assessment Rating (SEAR) events, and select mass gatherings throughout the country The post DOJ Reports Multiple Drone Violations During Public Events appeared first on DRONELIFE.
- DJI Pocket 2 improves on camera, microphone in original Osmo Pocketby Sally French on October 21, 2020 at 9:51 am
DJI has a new handheld camera on the market just in time for the holidays called the DJI Pocket 2 — and it improves upon the camera and microphone that we saw in the original DJI Osmo Pocket which was first released back in 2018. The second generation of the Osmo Pocket was revealed on The post DJI Pocket 2 improves on camera, microphone in original Osmo Pocket appeared first on The Drone Girl.
- Drone Racing League Taps Former NBA All-Star to Lead STEM Programby Jason Reagan on October 20, 2020 at 5:10 pm
The Drone Racing League today teamed up with two-time NBA Champion and 11-time NBA All-Star Chris Bosh ahead of the 2020 DRL Allianz World Championship Season, which starts tomorrow night. Appointed as dean of DRL Academy, Bosh will lead the league’s STEM program to inspire the next generation of technologists and digital athletes while “advancing diversity and The post Drone Racing League Taps Former NBA All-Star to Lead STEM Program appeared first on DRONELIFE.
- Volansi Moves to Show the Value of Drone Delivery in the Medical Supply Chainby Miriam McNabb on October 20, 2020 at 4:42 pm
CA-based Volansi, Inc. is continuing to push the boundaries of drone delivery in North Carolina. Volansi’s newest project demonstrates the value of drone delivery in healthcare supply chain applications, delivering cold chain medicines in rural North Carolina. Cold chain medicines are those that require temperature control: medicines like some vaccines, glaucoma eye drops, and insulin The post Volansi Moves to Show the Value of Drone Delivery in the Medical Supply Chain appeared first on DRONELIFE.
- Target Arm, BIB Tech Launch Drone Food Delivery Planby Jason Reagan on October 20, 2020 at 4:36 pm
A drone service startup is teaming up with a delivery tech company to develop a safer way to deliver food via UAS. Connecticut-based Target Arm last week announced a strategic partnership with BIB Technologies to “jointly developing autonomous electric delivery vehicles with drones while moving up to highway speeds,” according to a joint press release. The post Target Arm, BIB Tech Launch Drone Food Delivery Plan appeared first on DRONELIFE.
- Top Mavic Air 2 Footage Over Santorini, New England, Mallorca & Northern Irelandby Fintan Corrigan on October 20, 2020 at 1:45 pm
Here are some terrific Mavic Air 2 footage videos, showing you how good this latest drone from DJI really is. These Mavic Air 2 footage ... Read more The post Top Mavic Air 2 Footage Over Santorini, New England, Mallorca & Northern Ireland appeared first on DroneZon.
- Pharmaceutical giant Merck could deliver refrigerated vaccines via droneby Sally French on October 20, 2020 at 10:01 am
While there’s no coronavirus vaccine yet, pharmaceutical giant Merck wants to be ready for when the time comes. That’s all due to recent Merck drone delivery tests to study how drones can deliver cold chain medicines. The drones, which are vertical take-off and landing drones being operated by Volansi, are flying from a Merck manufacturing The post Pharmaceutical giant Merck could deliver refrigerated vaccines via drone appeared first on The Drone Girl.
- New Osmo Pocket? DJI to launch a handheld camera tomorrowby Sally French on October 19, 2020 at 9:28 am
DJI is launching a new product tomorrow, and all signs indicate it will be a handheld camera — possibly a new version of the Osmo Action or a new Osmo Pocket 2. DJI will host an event on Tuesday, Oct. 20 at 9 a.m. ET called Capture Magic At Hand. The company that rose to The post New Osmo Pocket? DJI to launch a handheld camera tomorrow appeared first on The Drone Girl.
- 12 Best Follow Me Drones And Follow You Technology Reviewedby Fintan Corrigan on October 18, 2020 at 8:00 am
With Follow Me drone technology, the UAV is programmed to automatically follow you around, giving you plenty of opportunities to film unique aerial shots. At ... Read more The post 12 Best Follow Me Drones And Follow You Technology Reviewed appeared first on DroneZon.
- 5 Essential Safety Rules You Need to Consider When Filming with a Droneby Droneblog Editor on October 17, 2020 at 1:10 am
Operating a drone and shooting video at the same time is by far not an easy task. More importantly, it involves safety matters when shooting in publicly available locations. In this article you will find advice on how to shoot video with a drone safely. First, we’ll cover some of the key safety rules
- How One Female Drone Pilot is Continuing the Pioneering Aviation Tradition of Amelia Earhart and Amy Johnsonby Droneblog Editor on October 17, 2020 at 12:58 am
Professional drone pilot Annalisa Russell-Smith is following in the footsteps of pioneers Amelia Earhart and Amy Johnson as the aviation industry enters a whole new age. For she’s one of the first civilians to be able to fly a drone not only out of visual sight but operating one in another country while here in
- How to get a Part 107 Remote Pilot Certificate if you already hold a Part 141 certificateby Sally French on October 16, 2020 at 12:51 pm
If you are looking to get your FAA drone pilot license, there are two routes you can take to get there depending on which of the two categories you call into: either you’re a first time pilot, or you’re an existing Part 61 Certificate holder (that means you already have your Private Pilot License). But The post How to get a Part 107 Remote Pilot Certificate if you already hold a Part 141 certificate appeared first on The Drone Girl.
- Episode 58: Skydio’s BVLOS Waiver, Understanding cUAS, the FCC’s Role in UAS with Jennifer Richterby CJ Smith on October 15, 2020 at 8:00 pm
This week on the InterDrone Podcast we sat down with Jennifer Richter, Partner at Akin Gump LLP. Jennifer is a subject matter expert for the FCC, the FAA, and the Department of Homeland Security (DHS). We spoke about: Skydio’s BVLOS Waiver for Bridge Inspections Anti-drone tech’s tangled regulatory landscape Women to Watch in the Drone
- Government Privacy Watchdog Asked to Investigate Surveillance of Black Lives Matterby Dell Cameron on October 15, 2020 at 5:20 pm
A group of Democratic lawmakers on Thursday urged the government’s privacy and civil liberties watchdog to launch an investigation into claims of government surveillance at protests against police violence and racial inequality spurred this year by the death of George Floyd in Minneapolis police custody.Read more...
- InterDrone Interview: Dave Sharpin, CEO of Auterion GSby Kara Murphy on October 15, 2020 at 3:14 pm
With government agencies starting to ban or phase out Chinese-made drones, companies that are manufacturing them in other parts of the world, particularly America, are emerging with large-scale enterprise solutions. One that has made headlines recently, for many reasons, is Auterion – which is well-known in the drone industry as their largest open-source platform. InterDrone
- Passing or failing your Part 107 test: 5 factors that could make the differenceby Guest Post on October 15, 2020 at 12:00 pm
While anyone can pass the Part 107 test, it’s not always as easy as you might think. Some aspiring professional remote pilots get lulled into a false sense of security by thinking they can memorize answers from Part 107 practice tests and easily pass. You don’t want to be that person who ends up failing The post Passing or failing your Part 107 test: 5 factors that could make the difference appeared first on The Drone Girl.
- DJI Mavic Mini Review Of Features, Specs Along With FAQsby Fintan Corrigan on October 14, 2020 at 7:15 pm
This DJI Mavic Mini FlyCam review looks at the outstanding features, specifications and frequently asked questions on this latest mini quadcopter. To fit so much ... Read more The post DJI Mavic Mini Review Of Features, Specs Along With FAQs appeared first on DroneZon.
- DroneDeploy’s new 360 Walkthrough product signals move outside drone industryby Sally French on October 14, 2020 at 12:01 pm
The company may have the word drone prominently featured in its name, but DroneDeploy is making moves outside of the drone industry with its latest product. DroneDeploy on Tuesday announced 360 Walkthrough, a feature of the namesake DroneDeploy platform that now works with both aerial and any on-the-ground 360-cameras (hand-held or robotic). The idea is The post DroneDeploy’s new 360 Walkthrough product signals move outside drone industry appeared first on The Drone Girl.
- All the best 2020 Amazon Prime Day drone dealsby Sally French on October 13, 2020 at 2:57 pm
The big shopping bonanza is here! And yes, that means tons of 2020 Amazon Prime Day drone deals. You’ll find ultra-popular drones, like DJI’s Mavic Mini on sale. You’ll find toy drones for sale — great for getting kids (or a newbie adult) into the hobby. And perhaps most importantly for a drone pilot who The post All the best 2020 Amazon Prime Day drone deals appeared first on The Drone Girl.
- 12 Top Drones With Cameras, GPS, Autopilot And Low Pricesby Fintan Corrigan on October 12, 2020 at 6:15 pm
The top drones with 4k cameras reviewed here also have excellent GPS and autopilot systems, giving you many options, when it comes to flying, aerial ... Read more The post 12 Top Drones With Cameras, GPS, Autopilot And Low Prices appeared first on DroneZon.
- DJI Mavic 3 release date, specs, and rumorsby Guest Post on October 12, 2020 at 12:36 pm
DJI’s Mavic 2 line has largely been a hit, thanks to its Hasselblad camera, compact and foldable design, and powerful battery life of 31 minutes. It’s even considered one one of the best VR drones available. But hungry drone fans are already eager for a DJI Mavic 3, with hopes that it’ll build on the The post DJI Mavic 3 release date, specs, and rumors appeared first on The Drone Girl.
- Best Drone Camera Filters For Landscape Photography Explainedby Fintan Corrigan on October 10, 2020 at 5:20 pm
Using drone lens filters for aerial landscape photography will bring the quality of your images and video to the next level. This post takes you ... Read more The post Best Drone Camera Filters For Landscape Photography Explained appeared first on DroneZon.
- 7 Ultra Scenic UNESCO Sites By Drone Reveal Heaven On Earthby Fintan Corrigan on October 7, 2020 at 5:30 pm
These 5 UNESCO sites filmed by drones will leave you breathless. These magnificent aerial videos are of the Guilin Yangshuo region in China, the Son ... Read more The post 7 Ultra Scenic UNESCO Sites By Drone Reveal Heaven On Earth appeared first on DroneZon.
- Freefly Systems and Auterion announce Astro, their new enterprise drone solutionby Kara Murphy on October 7, 2020 at 5:22 pm
Freefly Systems, which is known for producing high-end cinematography drones, including the Alta X, and Auterion, the largest open source drone software platform, recently announced the release of the Astro drone. An Enterprise solution combining respective hardware and software expertise from Freefly and Auterion, the Astro is geared toward commercial professionals working in utility, telco,
- Episode 57: Drone Deliveries, DJI’s ‘Local Mode’, a Drone Industry Perspective with Tom Walkerby CJ Smith on October 7, 2020 at 5:14 pm
This week on the InterDrone Podcast we sat down with Tom Walker, CEO of DroneUp. DroneUp provides end to end services for autonomous missions. We spoke about a drone which carried a human kidney over Las Vegas desert in what could be the future of organ transportation, Walmart using drones to deliver Covid-19 tests, and
- Well, Sure: Drone With a Shotgunby Joanna Nelius on October 5, 2020 at 9:45 pm
In partnership with the United Kingdom’s Strategic Command, which supports the Ministry of Defence, an unnamed company has developed a new battle-ready drone to assist armed forces with dangerous ground operations during urban warfare.Read more...
- What Is FPV Camera Technology In Drones And Best Usesby Fintan Corrigan on October 5, 2020 at 5:40 pm
FPV cameras are small, light and reasonably priced. The FPV camera is mounted onto a drone to send real time video down to the ground ... Read more The post What Is FPV Camera Technology In Drones And Best Uses appeared first on DroneZon.
- How Do Drones Work And What Is Drone Technologyby Fintan Corrigan on October 1, 2020 at 10:15 am
What is a drone and how do drones work is answered here in this easy to understand article. UAV drone technology is constantly evolving as ... Read more The post How Do Drones Work And What Is Drone Technology appeared first on DroneZon.
- Episode 56: FAA to Certify Some Drones Under Part 21, Drone Cinematography & Education with Skip Fredricksby CJ Smith on September 30, 2020 at 5:52 pm
This week on the InterDrone Podcast we sat down with Skip Fredericks, Drone Cinematographer, and Instructor, and Founder of Hollywood Drones. We spoke about the FAA slowly moving toward the certification of drones through the Part 21 framework, states which are taking drone laws and UAS regulation into their own hands by passing legislation, and
- Walmart Partners with Quest Diagnostics and DroneUp for Free COVID-19 Test Kit Deliveryby Kara Murphy on September 30, 2020 at 5:50 pm
If you’re looking to get tested for COVID-19 but don’t want to be in close proximity to people, Walmart has a solution. The retail giant has partnered with Quest Diagnostics and DroneUp, a nationwide drone services provider, to deliver free at-home self-collection kits to single-family residences within a 1-mile radius of its Supercenters in North
- Registration is Open for InterDrone Online, December 15-17by CJ Smith on September 28, 2020 at 7:24 am
InterDrone, The International Drone Conference & Expo, Launches InterDrone Online, a digital networking event for the commercial drone industry. InterDrone Online is a three-day virtual experience featuring live-streamed keynotes, panels, fireside chats, business solutions, product showcases, live demos, ample community connection opportunities, and other exciting ways to connect. InterDrone Online will convene UAS manufacturers, thought leaders, regulators, service providers, and end-users, fostering an actionable dialogue among industry stakeholders. Speakers Headlining InterDrone Online’s speaker faculty are some familiar faces, and some first-time InterDrone speakers, across verticals within the commercial drone industry Dawn Zoldi P3 Tech Consulting Terry Martin Nova Systems Sharon Rossmark Women And Drones Romeo Durscher DJI Leesa J Papier FAA Keenan Newton Lynwood Fire Dept Joshua Turner Federal Communications Bar Association Dr. Tulinda Larsen Skylark Services Randall Warnas FLIR Jennifer Andrews Bell Technology Grant Guillot Adams and Reese LLP Patricia Refo American Bar Association; Snell & Wilmer View All Speakers Networking Networking events, social functions, and ancillary experiences will build relationships for InterDrone Online Attendees. Attend the Women and Drones Luncheon or InterDrone Career Connect to meet other industry members and stakeholders. Learn More Sessions InterDrone’s conference series features a robust commercial drone training program with 60+ panels, sessions, drone workshops, courses, and keynote presentations spread across 5 distinct co-located events: Public Safety Inspection Surveying & Mapping Engineering & Construction Business, Imaging & Policy Through the curated InterDrone content, attendees can enterprise-grade training, and learn practical information for advancing their business, whether flying a UAV for public safety, construction, infrastructure inspection, real estate, aerial photography or construction. Exhibits The online expo floor will connect vendors with procurement officers, looking to learn more about drone technology, connect with DSPs, and source products from airframes, to sensors, gimbals, and more. The InterDrone Online web interface will allow attendees to easily pop in and out of digital ‘booths’, view product listings and videos, and chat with representatives, all within one easy to use interface. Learn More
- Your FedEx Packages May Soon Arrive By Autonomous Cargo Planeby Alyse Stanley on September 28, 2020 at 12:11 am
It’s 2020, and while the skies aren’t full of flying cars like we thought it would be by now, something else straight out of science fiction just got closer to reality: pilotless cargo planes delivering whatever stupid shit you ordered online. Read more...
- Ring's New Always Home Cam Is Actually an Indoor Spy Droneby Sam Rutherford on September 24, 2020 at 6:07 pm
Among an avalanche of new Echo and Ring devices announced by Amazon today, there’s one that stuck out as a clear step towards our dystopian future: the Ring Always Home Cam.Read more...
- Episode 55: Walmart Partners with Zipline, North Dakota’s BVLOS Network, a Drone Legal Perspective with Mark McKinnonby CJ Smith on September 24, 2020 at 1:24 pm
This week on the InterDrone Podcast we sat down with Mark McKinnon, Partner at Fox Rothschild LLP. Mark has nearly three decades of experience in aviation and transportation law. He is particularly well versed in unmanned aircraft systems (UAS) law, assisting clients in their efforts to obtain approval for complex commercial UAS operations, including beyond
- CBP Drones Conducted Flyovers Near Homes of Indigenous Pipeline Activists, Flight Records Showby Yessenia Funes and Dhruv Mehrotra on September 18, 2020 at 3:11 pm
Tom Goldtooth awoke on Feb. 21 expecting a pretty regular day ahead. And by all accounts, his day was normal. He was on the road by 11 a.m. to catch a flight. But unbeknownst to him, around the same time as he left, U.S. Customs and Border Protection was watching his home in Beltrami County, Minnesota, from 20,000…Read more...
- Dissatisfied with Remote ID, Google’s Wing, AOPA and others pen open letter to FAAby Kara Murphy on September 17, 2020 at 2:34 pm
Remote Identification (Remote ID), the concept that every drone should have a digital license plate, has been in the works for years. A proper implementation will move the industry forward, especially for commercial pilots, by enabling flights beyond visual line of sight, over people, and more. Last December, the day after Christmas, the Federal Aviation
- U.S. Troops Asked About Using 'Heat Ray' Weapon Against Protesters, According to Whistleblowerby Matt Novak on September 17, 2020 at 1:10 pm
Federal troops in Washington, D.C. considered using high-tech weapons, including sound cannons and so-called “heat rays,” against protesters outside the White House in June, according to sworn testimony from a whistleblower with the D.C. National Guard. The new evidence was obtained by both NPR and the Washington Post…Read more...
- Best DJI Phantom 4 Pro Camera Settings For Perfect Aerial Filmingby Fintan Corrigan on September 16, 2020 at 7:15 pm
Here are the best camera settings for the Phantom 4 Pro. Whether taking photos or filming with your Phantom 4 Pro, there is a huge ... Read more The post Best DJI Phantom 4 Pro Camera Settings For Perfect Aerial Filming appeared first on DroneZon.
- Prisons Fear Escape By Drone, Presumably Because They've Never Seen a Droneby Whitney Kimball on September 16, 2020 at 6:45 pm
The Department of Justice released a chilling audit yesterday detailing the imminent threat of drones to prison security. What could these robotic sky criminals of the future look like? Bellies large enough to hold a convicted murderer, chainsaw launchers, invisibility cloaks that allow them to soar at top speed…Read more...