Read the latest drone news today along with new developments in the unmanned aircraft systems aviation (UAV) industry.
These daily drone news articles cover the latest innovations, developments, research and regulations from the top UAV bloggers, service providers and manufacturers.
Drone news and articles from experts including SUAS News, UAV Expert News, DroneBlog, Unmanned Aerial, Rotor Drone Mag, Dronelife, 3DR, the Drone Girl, Gizmodo drone feed and many more.
For some extra reading, here is a list of the top drone blogs with even more news and reviews. The Wing Blog will also keep you up to date on the latest news in their drone delivery program.
This drone news web page covers today and the previous 7 days of drone news.
Latest Drone News
Scroll down for all the latest drone news. Articles open in a separate tab.
- Best Drone Accessoriesby Elizabeth Ciobanu on June 1, 2023 at 2:03 am
Let's take a look at some of the must-have drone accessories that can help you get the most out of your flying experience!
- How to Charge Your Potensic Drone (Explained)by Elizabeth Ciobanu on June 1, 2023 at 12:33 am
Keep reading if you want a clear and concise step-by-step on how to charge these drones.
- Potensic Atom SE Range (Explained for Beginners)by Elizabeth Ciobanu on June 1, 2023 at 12:22 am
We'll explain the Atom SE's range in detail and what you can expect from that flying range with its Smart Flight modes.
- Potensic Atom SE Battery (Read This First)by Elizabeth Ciobanu on June 1, 2023 at 12:05 am
In this article, I want to share everything there is to know about the Potensic Atom SE battery, including charging tips and more.
- The Drone Infrastructure Inspection Grant (DIIG) Act of 2023by Miriam McNabb on May 31, 2023 at 5:31 pm
The U.S. Congress is again discussing a Drone Infrastructure Inspection Grant Act, which would offer funding for drone technology and training to support the president’s infrastructure development package. Continue reading below, or listen: DroneLife · The – Drone – Infrastructure – Inspection – Grant – DIIG – Act H.R. 3595, introduced by Rep Greg Stanton The post The Drone Infrastructure Inspection Grant (DIIG) Act of 2023 appeared first on DRONELIFE.
- The First Fully Operational, Large-Scale Drone Airline in the US: Ameriflight Gets FAA Approval for Matternet M2 Commercial Deliveryby Miriam McNabb on May 31, 2023 at 2:46 pm
Ameriflight Granted Part 135 Certificate Approval to Offer Matternet’s Drone Delivery Service in US by DRONELIFE Staff Writer Ian M. Crosby Continue reading below, or listen: DroneLife · First – Fully – Operational – Large – Scale – Drone – Airline – Ameriflight – And – Matternet Drone delivery system developer Matternet has announced that its The post The First Fully Operational, Large-Scale Drone Airline in the US: Ameriflight Gets FAA Approval for Matternet M2 Commercial Delivery appeared first on DRONELIFE.
- Get Ready To See ATLAS At The Paris Air Show 2023by Press on May 31, 2023 at 2:37 pm
At this year’s Paris Air Show, look for more information about ATLAS’ newest products and offerings from the 19th through to the 25th of June
- Volocopter Continues Development Towards Type Certification with Integration of Swiss-AS MRO Softwareby Miriam McNabb on May 31, 2023 at 2:10 pm
Volocopter Integrates Swiss-AS AMOS into UAM Ecosystem by DRONELIFE Staff Writer Ian M. Crosby Continue reading below, or listen: DroneLife · Volocopter – Integrates – Swiss – AS – MRO – Software – Into – Fleet Today, Swiss Aviation Software (Swiss-AS) and Volocopter cosigned a multi-year contract for Swiss-AS’s maintenance, repair, and overhaul (MRO) software, The post Volocopter Continues Development Towards Type Certification with Integration of Swiss-AS MRO Software appeared first on DRONELIFE.
- Dufour Aerospace Quality Engineerby Press on May 31, 2023 at 2:01 pm
An exciting opportunity exists for an experienced and self-motivated Quality Engineer to become one of the founding members of the Dufour Aerospace Quality team. The
- Honeywell Develops Advanced Air Mobility Industry’s First Reference Guide On Vehicle Certificationby Press on May 31, 2023 at 1:17 pm
Honeywell (NASDAQ: HON) have launched the Advanced Air Mobility (AAM) industry’s first certification reference guide across key vehicle segments. Complex regulations are being developed to enable the certification and
- Shearwater and Lockheed Martin Skunk Works® are applying the power of AI to completely transform RPAS flight planningby Press on May 31, 2023 at 1:03 pm
Shearwater Aerospace and Lockheed Martin Skunk Works® today announced a strategic collaboration to reduce operator workload by automating route planning for any uncrewed aerial system using Skunk
- Porsche Museum let drones fly around multi-million dollar historic cars — and here’s what happensby Sally French on May 31, 2023 at 9:14 am
This epic drone video might give classic car aficionados a ton of anxiety, but it’s a must-watch anyway. DJI sent an Avata drone inside the Porsche Museum in Stuttgart, Germany, which is home to many rare cars and a variety of historical models spanning 5,600 square meters and a total of 80 exhibits. As far The post Porsche Museum let drones fly around multi-million dollar historic cars — and here’s what happens appeared first on The Drone Girl.
- Best Drone Controllersby Elizabeth Ciobanu on May 31, 2023 at 1:24 am
In this article, I want to share with you a few things to remember when buying a drone controller and a few tips to help you decide which controller you should choose for your drone.
- Best Beginner FPV Drones with Gogglesby Elizabeth Ciobanu on May 31, 2023 at 12:39 am
This article will help you decide which FPV drone suits your needs and budget, so don't miss it!
- Could Hydrogen Be the Power Source the Drone Industry is Looking for? [DRONELIFE Exclusive Op-Ed]by Miriam McNabb on May 30, 2023 at 5:53 pm
Battery or power source technology issues remain problematic for the drone industry. Commonly used Lithium Polymer (LiPo) batteries limit flight endurance, can be expensive to purchase and maintain, and can be dangerous when handled incorrectly. Additionally, LiPo batteries can be subject to supply chain disruptions and price variations. In this DRONELIFE Exclusive Op-Ed, Bentzion Levinson The post Could Hydrogen Be the Power Source the Drone Industry is Looking for? [DRONELIFE Exclusive Op-Ed] appeared first on DRONELIFE.
- Drone Delivery for the Royal Mail: Skyports on the Drone Radio Show!by Miriam McNabb on May 30, 2023 at 4:16 pm
Michael Merritt, Commercial & Growth Manager at Skyports Drone Services, talks about the Orkney I-Port project and how Skyports is working to create a permanent daily mail delivery service supported by drones. Listen Now: Drone Radio Show · Can Drones Deliver The Mail? – Michael Merritt, Skyports Drone Services Michael Merritt is Commercial & Growth Manager The post Drone Delivery for the Royal Mail: Skyports on the Drone Radio Show! appeared first on DRONELIFE.
- The world’s first ice protection solution for UAS approved by the Norwegian Ministry of Defenseby Press on May 30, 2023 at 4:16 pm
“Solving a problem thought unsolvable.” Atmospheric icing has long been one of the greatest obstacles to UAS operations as most UAS platforms are designed for
- Captain Miriam Foxx of Chula Vista PD on the Public Safety Drone Review, Next Week!by Miriam McNabb on May 30, 2023 at 3:49 pm
Don’t miss the June 6 episode of the Public Safety Drone Review, presented by DRONERESPONDERS and DRONELIFE, with guest Captain Miriam Foxx from the Chula Vista Police Department! The Public Safety Drone Review is a new monthly resource for the public safety community. This free event will be held live on May 2, 2023 at The post Captain Miriam Foxx of Chula Vista PD on the Public Safety Drone Review, Next Week! appeared first on DRONELIFE.
- The World’s Ultimate Cinema Drone DJI Inspire 3 Goes On Sale Globallyby Press on May 30, 2023 at 1:37 pm
DJI, the world’s leader in civilian drones and creative camera technology, today announces the official sales start of its cinema-grade aerial filming system, the DJI
- Can drones fly in rain? The answer might surprise youby Sally French on May 30, 2023 at 9:41 am
Can drones fly in rain? Unless you’ve got one of those underwater drones, like the Gladius Mini underwater drone or the PowerRay drone from PowerVision, we don’t recommend submerging drones underwater. And trust me, in the early Drone Girl days, I might have sent a drone directly into the bottom of a lake once. But The post Can drones fly in rain? The answer might surprise you appeared first on The Drone Girl.
- UAM Industry First: Volocopter Integrates Swiss-AS AMOS Software into Ecosystemby Press on May 30, 2023 at 7:36 am
Swiss Aviation Software (Swiss-AS) and Volocopter today cosigned a landmark multi-year contract for AMOS, Swiss-AS’s maintenance, repair, and overhaul (MRO) software. AMOS will be used
- Airmap shuttersby Press on May 30, 2023 at 7:13 am
AirMap has evolved many times over its storied history, from an app to create no fly zones over your house to a tool that empowers
- Wild forecasts – Drone Deliveryby Gary Mortimer on May 30, 2023 at 6:49 am
I don’t often add these sorts of reports, but sometimes they are so out there that I feel I must as a point of reference
- Tips for Flying a Drone Over Water (Video)by Dan Bayne on May 30, 2023 at 5:21 am
In this article we will go over various tips and steps needed to fly any drone over water safely
- FAA Acting Administrator Billy Nolen to Join eVTOL Aircraft Manufacturer Archer Aviationby Miriam McNabb on May 29, 2023 at 5:24 pm
Reuters has reported that FAA Acting Administrator Billy Nolen will join eVTOL aircraft manufacturer Archer Aviation when he leaves the agency this summer. Continue reading below, or listen: DroneLife · FAA – Acting – Administrator – Billy – Nolen – To – Join – Archer – AviationThe news comes only a month after Nolen announced The post FAA Acting Administrator Billy Nolen to Join eVTOL Aircraft Manufacturer Archer Aviation appeared first on DRONELIFE.
- Drone Industry Events this Week! Podcasts, Webinars, and Demosby Miriam McNabb on May 29, 2023 at 4:46 pm
Want to learn more about the drone industry? This list is only a smattering of the great opportunities to hear from thought leaders and discuss current issues in commercial drones! Here are some of this week’s drone industry events. All week: Register for the Drone Soccer Program in Wilmington, DE, for Wilmington residents ages 13 The post Drone Industry Events this Week! Podcasts, Webinars, and Demos appeared first on DRONELIFE.
- Dronamics Cargo Drone: Black Swan Can Carry 770 Pounds from New York to Texas. Is This the Future of Trucking?by Miriam McNabb on May 29, 2023 at 3:49 pm
Dronamics Black Swan Cargo Drone Completes First Flight by DRONELIFE Staff Writer Ian M. Crosby Premier cargo drone airline Dronamics announced the successful first flight of its Black Swan flagship aircraft at Bulgaria’s Balchik airport, showcasing the potential for the logistics industry to improve the efficiency of the transportation of products. Continue reading below, or The post Dronamics Cargo Drone: Black Swan Can Carry 770 Pounds from New York to Texas. Is This the Future of Trucking? appeared first on DRONELIFE.
- The Air League – Drone Scholarshipsby Press on May 29, 2023 at 1:37 pm
Drone Scholarships, supported by Eagle Eye Innovations Ltd, are still open for applications! 8 Scholars will receive a day course which will culminate in the awarding
- Yes, you can buy your own delivery drone capable —and it’s capable of carrying 5 kgsby Sally French on May 29, 2023 at 10:03 am
Now you can buy your very own, ready-to-fly delivery drone. And this is not one of those cheap, hardly-useful devices you buy online that can only fly something light, like a single taco. This one is capable of flying 15 lbs. Called the RDSX Pelican, this delivery drone is the new, flagship product from A2Z The post Yes, you can buy your own delivery drone capable —and it’s capable of carrying 5 kgs appeared first on The Drone Girl.
- How to turn your DJI Mavic 3 or Mini 3 Pro into an FPV droneby Sally French on May 26, 2023 at 10:38 am
If the idea of a DJI Mavic 3 FPV sounds like your dream drone, well, it’s real. As DJI expands its product lineup with new drones like DJI FPV and the Cinewhoop-style DJI Avata, it’s added on new accessories like FPV goggles and controllers. And for people who already own DJI’s high-end camera drones including The post How to turn your DJI Mavic 3 or Mini 3 Pro into an FPV drone appeared first on The Drone Girl.
- Drone News of the Week, May 26: DRONELIFE Headlines and Story Excerpts, All in One Place to Read or Listenby Miriam McNabb on May 26, 2023 at 9:00 am
Read or listen to all of the headlines in one place: excerpts from the DRONELIFE drone news of the week ending May 26, 2023. Click on the titles below for the full story. Continue reading below, or listen: DroneLife · Drone – News – Of – The – Week – May – 26 North Carolina’s The post Drone News of the Week, May 26: DRONELIFE Headlines and Story Excerpts, All in One Place to Read or Listen appeared first on DRONELIFE.
- Drone Assist UK drone flight planning app gets mega overhaul from Altitude Angelby Sally French on May 25, 2023 at 8:19 am
United Kingdom-based drone pilots likely noticed a major update to their iOS and Android devices this week if they already had Altitude Angel’s Drone Assist flight planning app download. And if they didn’t already have it downloaded, now might finally me the time to do it. Altitude Angel, which is based in Reading, United Kingdom The post Drone Assist UK drone flight planning app gets mega overhaul from Altitude Angel appeared first on The Drone Girl.
- 2023 drone report needs your responses (and there are lots of prizes if you help out)by Sally French on May 24, 2023 at 8:16 am
One of the most valuable surveys to give insights on the state of the current drone industry is set for an update, but — in order to actually get a 2023 drone report — you’re going to need to chip in. Drone Industry Insights, a German-based analytics firm, is calling on industry experts, participants, drone The post 2023 drone report needs your responses (and there are lots of prizes if you help out) appeared first on The Drone Girl.
- Japan Airlines has sights on autonomous air taxisby Sally French on May 23, 2023 at 10:34 am
Would you get in a pilotless aircraft? Japan Airlines is betting on it. The Tokyo-based airline this month announced a partnership with Silicon Valley tech startup Wisk Aero that could bring self-flying, all-electric air taxi services to Japan. In short, there’s a future where you might take a bullet train across the country, only to The post Japan Airlines has sights on autonomous air taxis appeared first on The Drone Girl.
- How to Connect DJI Mini 3 / Mini 3 Pro to WiFi (Step-by-Step Guide)by Keith Davis on May 23, 2023 at 4:07 am
We'll cover how to get to these settings and the steps you need to do so, as well as why you may need to do so.
- Getaway on a gorgeous island drone vacation in the Indian Oceanby Sally French on May 22, 2023 at 8:11 am
How would you take an island drone vacation? If you work in the drone industry, you might even be able to write off this Mauritius drone trip as a business expense. Belgium-based, award-winning aerial photographer Johan Vandenhecke is hosting a six-day long drone photo trip to Mauritius, a stunning, tropical island in the Indian Ocean. The post Getaway on a gorgeous island drone vacation in the Indian Ocean appeared first on The Drone Girl.
- Best Budget Drones for Real Estate Photographyby Dan Bayne on May 20, 2023 at 9:44 pm
We'll be looking at 3 of the best drones for real estate photography between the $750-$1300 range: DJI Mini 3 Pro, Air 2S and Autel Evo Lite+
- uAvionix pingRID Module Reviewby Keith Davis on May 20, 2023 at 9:26 pm
We are seeing more and more companies entering the arena of Remote ID modules
- Memorial Day 2023 is this weekend. Gear up for these drone salesby Sally French on May 19, 2023 at 8:50 am
Memorial Day is about more than just mattress sales! This year, there are great deals to be had on drones and drone accessories. Memorial Day 2023 is set for Monday, May 29 — and while many of the deals won’t actually go live (or even be announced) until next weekend — there are already tons The post Memorial Day 2023 is this weekend. Gear up for these drone sales appeared first on The Drone Girl.
- DJI Matrice 350 RTK offers refresh for enterprise powerhouse M300 with improved transmission, more payload optionsby Sally French on May 18, 2023 at 1:02 pm
While the DJI Matrice 300 RTK has been seen as the king of enterprise drones in the eyes of many, it’s also pretty old, as far as drone years go. DJI gave us the Matrice 300 RTK and the accompanying Zenmuse H20 Series in May 2020. And three years later, DJI brought us an update in The post DJI Matrice 350 RTK offers refresh for enterprise powerhouse M300 with improved transmission, more payload options appeared first on The Drone Girl.
- DroneUp Tests Hydrogen Fuel Cellsby RotorDroneMag.com on May 1, 2023 at 6:47 pm
Hydrogen fuel cells are steadily catching on in ground-based transportation, but could they soon be a fixture of our airspace? That appears to be the goal for Virginia Beach-based drone delivery firm DroneUp. The Walmart partner, which powers the retailer’s largest-in-the-nation commercial drone delivery network, recently announced its plans to test hydrogen fuel cell technology The post DroneUp Tests Hydrogen Fuel Cells appeared first on RotorDrone.
- Liquid Hydrogen Power for Drone Transatlantic Flightby RotorDroneMag.com on April 24, 2023 at 8:36 pm
H3 Dynamics and Hylium Industries have joined forces to boost the performance of zero emission hydrogen-electric flight for a cross-Atlantic demonstration drone flight. Hylium and H3 Dynamics technologies are currently being integrated to attempt a 3,300km crossing of the South Atlantic, in a program led by ISAE SUPAERO Toulouse, one of the world’s leading aerospace The post Liquid Hydrogen Power for Drone Transatlantic Flight appeared first on RotorDrone.
- X-plane Drone Maneuvers with Air Burstsby RotorDroneMag.com on April 24, 2023 at 8:28 pm
Defensenews.com reported that the Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency (DARPA) has taken a major step forward toward creating an experimental airplane that can be maneuvered without traditional ailerons or other mechanical devices, instead using short bursts of air. DARPA has tapped Aurora Flight Sciences, a Boeing subsidiary, to start detailed design of an experimental aircraft The post X-plane Drone Maneuvers with Air Bursts appeared first on RotorDrone.
- Delivery Drones – Wing CEO and RC airplane enthusiast Adam Woodworth shares the latestby Debra Cleghorn on March 24, 2023 at 8:21 pm
With drone delivery services in the news lately, most people have been wondering when—and how—they’ll get their first packages. We asked Adam Woodworth, CEO of Wing—a drone-delivery company owned by Alphabet Inc., which is also Google’s parent company—about the process. In 2019, Wing became the first drone-delivery company to receive approval from the FAA, and The post Delivery Drones – Wing CEO and RC airplane enthusiast Adam Woodworth shares the latest appeared first on RotorDrone.
- FulcrumAir Installs 1,500 Bird Flight Diverters Using Drones to Protect Energy Infrastructure and Avian Wildlifeby RotorDroneMag.com on March 24, 2023 at 7:13 pm
FulcrumAir has created a unique drone design that diverts birds from powerlines, protecting both energy infrastructure and Avian wildlife. The company has announced the installation of more than 1,500 Power Line Sentry Hawk Eye Bird Flight Diverters (BFDs) under a pilot program for Atlantic City Electric, which serves about 560,000 customers across southern New Jersey. The post FulcrumAir Installs 1,500 Bird Flight Diverters Using Drones to Protect Energy Infrastructure and Avian Wildlife appeared first on RotorDrone.
- BAE unveils the Strix, a fascinating, tail-sitting X-wing VTOL UAVby RotorDroneMag.com on March 24, 2023 at 7:07 pm
BAE Systems, Australia, has unveiled a fascinating new autonomous, hybrid, VTOL UAV for military use. The STRIX, developed in Australia, folds to fit inside a shipping container, and is capable of carrying 160 kg (353 lb) of payload over 800 km (500 miles). The STRIX was unveiled at Australia’s recent Avalon Air Show, in front The post BAE unveils the Strix, a fascinating, tail-sitting X-wing VTOL UAV appeared first on RotorDrone.
- TJ-FlyingFish Drone Autonomously Swims Underwater and Fliesby RotorDroneMag.com on March 24, 2023 at 7:00 pm
A new Chinese drone, the TJ-FlyingFish, is gaining attention as it looks like something straight out of a Hollywood movie. It is a transformer robot capable of autonomously navigating underwater as an uncrewed underwater vehicle (UUV) and flying in the air as a quadcopter. The drone was developed by a team of scientists from China’s The post TJ-FlyingFish Drone Autonomously Swims Underwater and Flies appeared first on RotorDrone.
- Autel Evo Lite+ Flies Over Volcanoby RotorDroneMag.com on February 28, 2023 at 9:20 pm
An Autel Robotics drone was used by a scientific team of international academics to document activities on Irazú Volcano in Costa Rica. The Autel EVO Lite+ drone was selected by the scientists because of its high-quality sensor and durability, making it an ideal solution for conducting professional research with an Unmanned Aerial Vehicle (UAV). The The post Autel Evo Lite+ Flies Over Volcano appeared first on RotorDrone.
- Ameriflight to Buy 35 VTOL Cargo Dronesby RotorDroneMag.com on February 17, 2023 at 7:00 pm
Ameriflight, the nation’s largest Part 135 Cargo airline, announces a signed letter of intent to purchase 35 VTOL air cargo drones from Sabrewing Aircraft Company, Inc., a U.S. corporation designing and producing a new generation of regional cargo UAV that offers high-efficiency, all-weather operation with vertical landing and takeoff (VTOL) capabilities. The agreement is for The post Ameriflight to Buy 35 VTOL Cargo Drones appeared first on RotorDrone.
- Spright To Survey Utility Infrastructureby RotorDroneMag.com on February 17, 2023 at 6:56 pm
Spright has announced that it earned a nationwide, non-geo-specific Certificate of Waiver (CoW) for Beyond Visual Line of Sight (BVLOS) drone operations from the FAA. The CoW allows small Unmanned Aircraft Systems (sUAS) to travel up to four nautical miles for critical utility infrastructure surveys. This waiver puts Spright in a unique position to maximize The post Spright To Survey Utility Infrastructure appeared first on RotorDrone.
- DJI Mini 3 Pro – Review Of Features, Specifications, Price And FAQsby Ian Shutts on June 9, 2022 at 1:53 pm
Professional quality doesn’t come in a smaller package. The DJI Mini 3 Pro is truly the professional of the Mini lineup and the best all-around ... Read more
- Upcoming Drones from DJI for 2022?by Ian Shutts on January 13, 2022 at 2:48 pm
Thanks to a recent tweet, the 2022 announcement lineup has been leaked. According to DealsDrone, there are multiple drones headed for stores this year, from ... Read more
- Parrot ANAFI Ai – Review Of Features And Specsby Ian Shutts on January 8, 2022 at 5:18 pm
The Parrot ANAFI Ai was designed as a partnership with Verizon Skyward as the first 4G drone. With a radical design inspired by nature, the ... Read more
- Skydio 2 – Review Of Features And Specsby Ian Shutts on December 29, 2021 at 11:48 am
The Skydio 2 is your personal camera crew. Built to get everyone into drones, the Skydio 2 uses the same advanced flight capabilities to keep ... Read more
- DJI Action 2 Review Of Features And Specsby Ian Shutts on November 22, 2021 at 10:58 am
With a complete overhaul from the first edition, the DJI Action 2 drops the Osmo name and picks up a modular design and magnetically attachable ... Read more
- The European Drone Legislation.by Ian Shutts on November 21, 2021 at 10:59 am
We all know the problem, you have a drone and you fly it around where and when possible. But then suddenly you decide to go ... Read more
- DJI Mavic 3 Parts, Accessories and Upgradesby Ian Shutts on November 19, 2021 at 11:59 am
By now all drone users and enthusiasts have noticed that DJI has become one of the worlds leading drone producers and their mavic series have ... Read more
- DJI Mavic 3 Review Of Features And Specsby Ian Shutts on November 9, 2021 at 6:36 pm
DJI Mavic 3 Feature and Specs Review DJI’s newest flagship drone, the DJI Mavic 3, once again sets the Mavic line as the go-to videography ... Read more
- DJI FPV Parts, Accessories and Upgradesby Ian Shutts on August 21, 2021 at 9:42 am
In this article, you can read all about possible parts, accessories and upgrades for the DJI FPV. From the simplest parts to the most interesting ... Read more
- DJI Air 2S Parts, Accessories and Upgradesby Ian Shutts on August 20, 2021 at 9:37 am
DJI recently brought the new AIR 2S on the market, a stunning new drone for photographers that demand the highest quality. Naturally there are some ... Read more