Read the latest drone news today along with new developments in the unmanned aircraft systems aviation (UAV) industry.
These daily drone news articles cover the latest innovations, developments, research and regulations from the top UAV bloggers, service providers and manufacturers.
Drone news and articles from experts including SUAS News, UAV Expert News, DroneBlog, Unmanned Aerial, Rotor Drone Mag, Dronelife, 3DR, the Drone Girl, Gizmodo drone feed and many more.
This drone news web page covers today and the previous 7 days of drone news.
Latest Drone News
Scroll down for all the latest drone news. Articles open in a separate tab.
- Altitude Angel to Represent UK at World of Drones and Robotics Conferenceby Miriam McNabb on July 30, 2021 at 4:00 pm
by DRONELIFE Staff Writer Ian M. Crosby The government of the United Kingdom has chosen Altitude Angel as a representative of the nation at the upcoming World of Drones & Robotics Congress. The World of Drones & Robotics Congress, formerly The World Drone Congress, is in its fifth year, and for the first time will The post Altitude Angel to Represent UK at World of Drones and Robotics Conference appeared first on DRONELIFE.
- Skydio Expands to Australia and New Zealand: Learn How Autonomous Drones Help Scale Enterprise Programs [WEBINAR]by Miriam McNabb on July 30, 2021 at 3:28 pm
With Skydio now in Australia and New Zealand, the company is introducing the benefits of autonomous drones to a new customer base. Register Now for a Free Webinar August 25th, at 8 PM AEST to learn more about Skydio’s autonomous drones and how they are helping enterprise drone programs to scale around the world. Skydio The post Skydio Expands to Australia and New Zealand: Learn How Autonomous Drones Help Scale Enterprise Programs [WEBINAR] appeared first on DRONELIFE.
- U.S. House Committee Approves Advanced Air Mobility Working Group Billby Press on July 30, 2021 at 11:36 am
GAMA Applauds Transportation and Infrastructure Committee’s Passage of Advanced Air Mobility Coordination and Leadership Act WASHINGTON, D.C. – Today, the U.S. House Committee on Transportation and Infrastructure unanimously approved the Advanced Air Mobility Coordination and Leadership Act (H.R 1339), which establishes an interagency working group to more effectively engage and coordinate with industry in the Advanced Air
- Blue Bear launches Air Druids Medical Delivery Programmeby Press on July 30, 2021 at 10:20 am
Blue Bear Systems announces the successful completion and flight demonstration of its Air Druids medical delivery programme. This exciting programme has been enabled by funding through the governments Future Flight programme. We were lucky enough to be joined for our demonstration by Dave Hodgson – Mayor of Bedford, Patrick Lyons – Acting Manager for Economic
- Shield AI to buy Martin UAVby Press on July 30, 2021 at 10:08 am
Shield AI, a fast-growing technology company that develops artificial intelligence and self-driving car technologies for the defense industry, today announced that it has signed a definitive agreement to acquire Martin UAV, an aerospace company best known for its industry-leading vertical takeoff and landing (VTOL) unmanned aircraft, V-BAT. Shield AI will integrate its combat proven autonomy software, Hivemind®, into the V-BAT, reinforcing Shield AI’s leadership position in
- Drone Pilot Ground School 5 year anniversary sale kicks off with $100+ discountby Sally French on July 30, 2021 at 9:44 am
Happy 5th Birthday, Drone Pilot Ground School! Five years might seem young when you’re a tot in kindergarten, but it’s ancient in drone years. And in these short five years, Drone Pilot Ground School has built up a big presence. And now, there’s a 5 year anniversary sale to celebrate! Drone Pilot Ground School does The post Drone Pilot Ground School 5 year anniversary sale kicks off with $100+ discount appeared first on The Drone Girl.
- Delta Drone June 2021 quarterly reportby Press on July 30, 2021 at 7:00 am
• Receipts from customers for Q2 2021 totalled A$1.332 million, an increase of A$78k on the first quarter• Year to date (6 months ended 30 June) unaudited revenue of A$2.4 million• Results driven by contracts with multinational enterprise mining companies, South32 Coal Holdings (Pty) Ltd (now Seriti Power), Anglo-American subsidiary, Kumba Iron Ore Limited, and
- FIRST iZ joins the RapidSOS Partner Network to Provide “First Eyes” for Emergency Communication Centersby Press on July 30, 2021 at 6:21 am
RapidSOS and FIRST iZ®, powered by Genesis PULSE®, announced today a partnership to provide emergency first responders and 911 telecommunicators the ability to remotely and autonomously dispatch drones. With just the click of a button in RapidSOS Portal, a solution for Emergency Communication Centers (ECCs) providing critical data to 911 telecommunicators and first responders, a drone
- Don’t Miss the Kickoff of the New Dawn of Drones Podcast: Featuring Luke Fox, WhiteFox CEOby Miriam McNabb on July 29, 2021 at 3:38 pm
Join us for the kickoff episode of the new Dawn of Drones podcast, featuring Luke Fox, WhiteFox Defense founder and CEO, live on Wednesday, August 4 at 11:00 am EST. The Dawn of Drones podcast connects you with the game-changing people and platforms that are making a difference in the advanced air mobility, drone and The post Don’t Miss the Kickoff of the New Dawn of Drones Podcast: Featuring Luke Fox, WhiteFox CEO appeared first on DRONELIFE.
- Cranfield and industry partners win an award for airspace management projectby Press on July 29, 2021 at 2:37 pm
Cranfield University has won an industry award for its research work in developing technology and safe operating procedures to enable drones to fly beyond visual line of sight (BVLOS) in non-segregated airspace. Cranfield and the National Beyond visual line of sight Experimentation Corridor (NBEC) consortium – which includes Aveillant, Blue Bear Systems Research, Thales and
- Auterion and Workswell Partner to Supercharge Open Standards Integration for Drone Imaging and Reduce Time-to-Market Across Industriesby Press on July 29, 2021 at 2:32 pm
MOORPARK, Calif. and ZURICH — July 29, 2021 — Auterion, the company building an open and software-defined future for enterprise drone fleets, today announced its partnership with thermal imaging leader Workswell to provide state-of-the-art bispectral cameras on drones across industries. By offering an open standards software integration, Auterion makes it easy for any drone and parts manufacturer using
- Nordic Unmanned and Textron wins EUR 20 million contract with EMSAby Press on July 29, 2021 at 2:04 pm
Sandnes – Nordic Unmanned has received a conditional letter of award fromEuropean Maritime Safety Agency (EMSA) regarding fixed-wing RPAS (drone) services carrying out long-range general maritime surveillance, with tender name EMSA/OP/46/2020 The official value of the framework contract is EUR 20 million over a period of up to 2+1+1 years. Nordic Unmanned is the contractual
- Drone Detection Operativesby Press on July 29, 2021 at 1:39 pm
We are recruiting for Drone Detection Operatives, working across the UK at major events and critical infrastructure. Our DDO’s deploy a range of equipment, working closely with Evidence Gatherers and Law Enforcement to enable airspace access whilst preventing illegal activity by the use of Remotely Piloted Aircraft Systems (RPAS), commonly known as drones. These positions
- AERTEC’s TARSIS 75 adds a new capability that is unique to UAS of its segment in Europe: the laser designatorby Press on July 29, 2021 at 1:32 pm
The Spanish international technology company has recently carried out aflight campaign for the Spanish Ministry of Defence – the first time inEurope that the operation and integration of a laser designator thatcomplies with NATO STANAG 3733 regulations has been carried out witha Class I unmanned system, the category to which the TARSIS 75belongs.
- Drone Tech Market to Grow to $54 B in the Next 4 Years: These Sectors are Leading the Wayby staff on July 29, 2021 at 1:27 pm
The drone tech market is growing fast, and recent innovations and regulatory shifts are only speeding growth. By DRONELIFE Staff Writer Ian M. Crosby A report by Andrew McWilliams from BCC Research projects over 80% growth in revenue for the global drone technology market between 2020 and 2025. Sitting at $30 billion in 2020, McWilliams The post Drone Tech Market to Grow to $54 B in the Next 4 Years: These Sectors are Leading the Way appeared first on DRONELIFE.
- Flying QR code: the next step in drone light showsby Sally French on July 29, 2021 at 11:16 am
Drone light shows have become one step short of commonplace, flying all over the world this summer into the shapes of Earth at the recent Tokyo Olympics opening ceremony, forming the likeness of Baby Yoda at a show promoting Disney+ or accompanying fireworks at the Dollywood theme park’s Summer Celebration. But here’s a relatively fresh The post Flying QR code: the next step in drone light shows appeared first on The Drone Girl.
- Drone Soccer Tourney Kicks Off in Colorado This Weekendby Jason Reagan on July 28, 2021 at 10:17 pm
A high school organization in Colorado is on the cutting edge of the newest sporting venue – drone soccer. That’s right. Drone. Soccer. With so many aerospace and defense companies, it’s no surprise that Colorado Springs is flying high with the latest cousin of Harry Potter’s high-flying Quidditch. On July 31, the first-ever drone soccer The post Drone Soccer Tourney Kicks Off in Colorado This Weekend appeared first on DRONELIFE.
- Voice and Data Communications for Commercial Drones: AURA Network Systems Closes $30.9 million Funding Roundby Miriam McNabb on July 28, 2021 at 6:19 pm
AURA Network Systems (AURA) has closed a $30.9 million Series A funding round. “It is the latest milestone for the company, which operates the nation’s only coast- to-coast network designed to solve one of aviation’s most pressing problems: How to enable the commercial viability of the Unmanned Aircraft Systems (UAS) market by providing secure and The post Voice and Data Communications for Commercial Drones: AURA Network Systems Closes $30.9 million Funding Round appeared first on DRONELIFE.
- Mail Delivery by Drone: Japan Post Invests 3 Billion Yen for Commercial Drone Delivery by 2023by Miriam McNabb on July 28, 2021 at 5:51 pm
Japan Post is committed to implementing mail delivery by drone in remote areas by 2023. This article published in collaboration with JUIDA, the Japan UAS Industrial Development Association. Japan’s IT Media reports that Japan Post has invested 3 billion yen – more than 27,000,000 USD in drone manufacturer ACSL drone delivery technology, in order to implement The post Mail Delivery by Drone: Japan Post Invests 3 Billion Yen for Commercial Drone Delivery by 2023 appeared first on DRONELIFE.
- Why drone photographers need a bigger sensorby Sally French on July 28, 2021 at 8:46 am
When it comes to sensor size — yes — bigger is better. If you’re getting a drone for photography purposes, then one of the most important specs to consider is sensor size. Worry less about transmission range or battery life. That should have little bearing on your photo quality — or even the types of The post Why drone photographers need a bigger sensor appeared first on The Drone Girl.
- Is Connectivity the Key to Urban Drone Delivery? Elsight’s Halo Integrated into Drones Operating within NAAMA Hadera Intiativeby Miriam McNabb on July 27, 2021 at 4:36 pm
Elsight Limited (ASX: ELS) has announced that Elsight’s Halo was integrated into drones participating in the NAAMA Hadera Initiative, a global collaboration that demonstrated the reality of urban drone delivery. (Don’t miss the incredible video embedded below about the NAAMA Hadera Intitiative!) The NAAMA Hadera Initiative was an amazing demonstration of parcel drone delivery, beyond The post Is Connectivity the Key to Urban Drone Delivery? Elsight’s Halo Integrated into Drones Operating within NAAMA Hadera Intiative appeared first on DRONELIFE.
- 8 Ways to Optimize Drone Asset Inspections: Optelos Puts Together Lessons Learned from Enterprise Clientsby Sponsored Post on July 27, 2021 at 4:02 pm
Sponsored Content. Leading drone data management company Optelos has helped many drone service providers and enterprise companies get the most out of their drone asset inspections. In a new whitepaper, Optelos puts together the lessons learned from their enterprise clients. Be sure to see the entire whitepaper, Optimizing Asset Inspections: Going Beyond Drone Images to Achieve The post 8 Ways to Optimize Drone Asset Inspections: Optelos Puts Together Lessons Learned from Enterprise Clients appeared first on DRONELIFE.
- Public Safety Drone Crash Highlights: Steve Rhode’s Public Safety Drone Columnby Miriam McNabb on July 27, 2021 at 3:42 pm
In this week’s column, Public Safety Drone Crash Highlights – spectacular fails, and how you can avoid them. The following is one of a biweekly series on public safety drone issues by Steve Rhode, Chief Pilot with the Wake Forest Fire Department and the North Carolina Public Safety Drone Academy, and founder of Public Safety Flight, a The post Public Safety Drone Crash Highlights: Steve Rhode’s Public Safety Drone Column appeared first on DRONELIFE.
- Why are enterprise drones so much more expensive than their consumer-oriented counterparts?by Sally French on July 27, 2021 at 12:49 pm
You’d be hard-pressed to find someone who isn’t at least a teensy bit impressed by the DJI Mavic 2 Pro. It’s swoon-worthy for drone nerds and cinematography nerds alike, thanks mostly to its Hasselblad camera and 1-inch CMOS sensor and F\2.8 EQV 28mm lens, capable of capturing 4K video and 12MP images. All that and The post Why are enterprise drones so much more expensive than their consumer-oriented counterparts? appeared first on The Drone Girl.
- How to Fly a Toy Drone (Tips for Beginners)by Elizabeth Ciobanu on July 27, 2021 at 1:06 am
There are plenty of different types of drones in the market today, from tiny toy drones all the way up to incredibly complex enterprise drones. Many people choose to start
- Skydio finally launches in Australia and New Zealandby Sally French on July 26, 2021 at 12:37 pm
Good news for drone pilots in Australia and New Zealand: you can now use Skydio’s enterprise platforms. The company behind the crash-proof drones announced this month that its autonomous drone, the Skydio 2, and its integrated software solutions including the Skydio Autonomy Enterprise Foundation, 3D Scan and Cloud , are now available for enterprise and public sector customers in Australia and New The post Skydio finally launches in Australia and New Zealand appeared first on The Drone Girl.
- Best Places to Buy a Drone (Online and In-Store)by Elizabeth Ciobanu on July 24, 2021 at 1:27 am
If you’re looking for a new gadget to buy, it’s hard to go wrong with drones. They are all the rage these days, and there’s no shortage of people who
- Tokyo Olympics drone display showcases most stunning aerial art yet: photosby Sally French on July 23, 2021 at 6:36 pm
The Tokyo Olympics drone display featured in this year’s Tokyo 2020 Opening Ceremony was perhaps the most stunning use of drones for artistry yet. At the Tokyo Olympics opening ceremony, more than 1,800 drones graced the skies in the form of Earth, rotating above the Olympic Stadium. The display was highly engineered, and with the The post Tokyo Olympics drone display showcases most stunning aerial art yet: photos appeared first on The Drone Girl.
- Follow Me Drones (The Best Drones and How They Work)by Nicole Malczan on July 23, 2021 at 4:25 pm
You love flying drones recreationally, and one of your favorite parts of UAV ownership is showing off to your friends. After doing lots of loops and other aerial maneuvers with
- Meet the other industry that profits when the drone industry thrivesby Sally French on July 23, 2021 at 9:29 am
When the drone industry thrives, so does another industry: the anti-drone industry. And one drone detection and security company within that industry just hit a major milestone: 1,000 Dedrone sensors have been sold. San Francisco-based, self-described “smart airspace security” company Dedrone in June 2021 announced that it had reached a milestone of 1,000 Dedrone sensors The post Meet the other industry that profits when the drone industry thrives appeared first on The Drone Girl.
- The DJI Air 2S Fly More Combo Drone WITH Smart Controller goes on sale soon!by Sally French on July 22, 2021 at 8:48 am
So you want a DJI Smart Controller for your DJI Air 2S, but you can’t justify the $650 additional cost on top of the $1,300 you’re already paying for the drone — especially when it already comes with a standard controller. Yeah, we’re having a hard time justifying the $650 upcharge too, no matter how The post The DJI Air 2S Fly More Combo Drone WITH Smart Controller goes on sale soon! appeared first on The Drone Girl.
- Mission to Mars – NASA’s high-tech RC helicopterby RotorDroneMag.com on July 21, 2021 at 7:42 pm
The success of Ingenuity, otherwise known as the “Mars helicopter,” has united the world in celebration of a unique event in the history of aviation: the first powered flight by an aircraft on another world. Even the staid International Civil Aeronautics Organization got in on the act, designating the bare patch of Martian soil where The post Mission to Mars – NASA’s high-tech RC helicopter appeared first on RotorDrone.
- The best indoor drone for real estate agentsby Sally French on July 21, 2021 at 10:50 am
Next up in our “Ask Drone Girl” series is about the best indoor drone for real estate agents that uses FPV. If you have a question for Drone Girl, contact her here. I would like a high-end, FPV mini drone to fly indoors and tight spaces, specifically to fly through homes for real estate purposes. I’ll The post The best indoor drone for real estate agents appeared first on The Drone Girl.
- How Far Can DJI Drones Fly (A Complete List)by Elizabeth Ciobanu on July 21, 2021 at 12:38 am
DJI drones are the most popular by a long shot when it comes to the drone market today and they easily dominate the entire industry. For good reason too, as
- MicroLiDAR: why it might be the key to improving drone sense-and-avoidby Sally French on July 20, 2021 at 8:12 am
Drones are getting smaller — and the LiDAR sensors to go with them are getting smaller too. One American drone company has claimed to have built the smallest, lightest scanning LiDAR sensor, called MicroLiDAR. LightWare LiDAR this summer launched its new SF45 microLiDAR. The sensor weighs just 59 grams and measuring just 51mm x 48mm The post MicroLiDAR: why it might be the key to improving drone sense-and-avoid appeared first on The Drone Girl.
- Does DJI Mini 2 Have Follow Me? (Answered!)by Elizabeth Ciobanu on July 20, 2021 at 2:07 am
As drones are getting more and more popular, the technology and the features that these drones have are also quickly improving. These days there are quite a few drones built
- How to Fly a Drone with Your Phone or Tabletby Elizabeth Ciobanu on July 20, 2021 at 12:49 am
When you buy a drone, it usually comes with its own controller, which is the most logical way to fly the drone. However, most DJI drones can actually be flown
- Is a Drone Always Considered an Aircraft?by Elizabeth Ciobanu on July 17, 2021 at 1:03 am
When it comes to drones and registration, many people new to drones are surprised to learn that drones are actually classified as aircraft and as such fall under the jurisdiction
- How Does Follow Me Mode Work in Drones?by Elizabeth Ciobanu on July 17, 2021 at 12:11 am
Drones are great devices that you can use for a wide variety of different purposes. In recent years, drone technology has come so far as to have semi-autonomous modes that
- How High Can You Fly a Drone? (Legal and Technical Limits)by Elizabeth Ciobanu on July 16, 2021 at 3:54 am
One of the most important things you need to know when it comes to flying a drone is that drones can only be flown up to a certain altitude for
- Which Drones Do the Police Use?by Elizabeth Ciobanu on July 16, 2021 at 3:22 am
Police departments are always looking for ways to keep up with the times. The development of technology has facilitated the use of drones in law enforcement and has time and
- Nixie: Drone Water-Sampling Systemby RotorDroneMag.com on July 9, 2021 at 6:39 pm
Reign Maker, a drone and data services innovation company, today announced the launch of Nixie, the world’s first drone-enabled water sampling and data collection system, designed to drastically increase sampling rates and accuracy while reducing the number of required field personnel and eliminating the dependence on marine vessels. To ensure our water supplies remain clean The post Nixie: Drone Water-Sampling System appeared first on RotorDrone.
- Parrot’s new Anafi USAby RotorDroneMag.com on July 9, 2021 at 6:32 pm
Made in the U.S., the new Anafi USA drone from Parrot is built to meet the demands of first responders, firefighters, search-and-rescue teams, security agencies, surveying and inspection professionals. Featuring an industry-first 32x zoom, 4K HDR video and thermal imaging capabilities, it is an ultra-portable, secure and durable aerial camera platform. Anafi USA offers the The post Parrot’s new Anafi USA appeared first on RotorDrone.
- New FAA Recreational Drone Operator Testby RotorDroneMag.com on June 23, 2021 at 8:38 pm
The FAA has announced a list of approved organization to administer a recreational drone test, designed to provide recreational drone pilots with “aeronautical safety knowledge and an overview of the rules for operating drones in the National Airspace System,” says the FAA press release: All recreational flyers must pass an aeronautical knowledge and safety test The post New FAA Recreational Drone Operator Test appeared first on RotorDrone.
- InterDrone Cancels 2021 Live Event, Eyes New Futureby Leslie Wolfe on June 17, 2021 at 8:22 pm
The past year has ushered in significant change, especially in re-imaging the way we gather and connect with our community. To that end, the InterDrone team has made the difficult decision to cancel the 2021 in-person edition of our conference, originally scheduled to take place August 10-12, 2021, in Dallas, TX. Our team has been in communication with our community throughout the COVID-19 pandemic, closely discussing the impact of the pandemic on The post InterDrone Cancels 2021 Live Event, Eyes New Future first appeared on InterDrone. The post InterDrone Cancels 2021 Live Event, Eyes New Future appeared first on InterDrone.
- Sony Airpeak S1by RotorDroneMag.com on June 11, 2021 at 8:26 pm
The Airpeak S1 is still under development, but Sony has announced some information before their fall launch. It’s a larger aircraft, similar in size and shape to the DJI Inspire 2, but with more power for beefier payloads, quicker acceleration, and full remote camera control. Onboard cameras map the surrounding environment to brake when obstacles The post Sony Airpeak S1 appeared first on RotorDrone.
- Mid-Air at the Beachby RotorDroneMag.com on May 18, 2021 at 9:51 pm
It isn’t all aerial imaging and crop surveys; sometimes, people use drones to do bad things. Through a partnership with DroneSec—a private drone security intelligence firm with offices in Australia and Singapore—RotorDrone Pro is able to offer these briefings regarding the nefarious use of small UAS worldwide. A Bad Day at the Beach Incident Type: The post Mid-Air at the Beach appeared first on RotorDrone.
- Counting Penguinsby RotorDroneMag.com on May 18, 2021 at 9:38 pm
Counting penguins is harder than it sounds. With freezing rain, snow, and chilling winds that limit the flight windows for the surveys, it takes scientists using three full days to map the location of 300,000 nesting pairs of Adélie penguins on Antarctica’s Cape Crozier. Now, UgCS software by SPH Engineering has helped scientists to cut The post Counting Penguins appeared first on RotorDrone.
- Getting Started in Drone Photographyby RotorDroneMag.com on May 18, 2021 at 9:11 pm
In this article, I’ll share with you some of my experiences doing drone photography with my new flying camera. I learned on a DJI Mavic Pro, but the principles here apply to any newer camera drone as well. You’ll see how learning to use and fly a drone can help you improve all your photography The post Getting Started in Drone Photography appeared first on RotorDrone.
- Skydio Headlines InterDrone 2021 as a Platinum Sponsor, as the Conference is Back In-Person!by Leslie Wolfe on May 10, 2021 at 5:27 pm
May 7th, Dallas, TX – InterDrone, the International Drone Conference & Exposition, and the next chapter for commercial drones, is back live and in-person this year. InterDrone is holding its first in-person event since 2019, and is expecting thousands to attend at the Hyatt Regency, in Dallas, Texas. InterDrone 2021 will present UAV professionals with The post Skydio Headlines InterDrone 2021 as a Platinum Sponsor, as the Conference is Back In-Person! first appeared on InterDrone. The post Skydio Headlines InterDrone 2021 as a Platinum Sponsor, as the Conference is Back In-Person! appeared first on InterDrone.
- DJI Air 2S Review of Features and Specsby Ian Shutts on April 21, 2021 at 7:10 pm
DJI is probably recognised as one of the leading drone manufacturers worldwide, after just having released the stunning FPV, they now come with yet another ... Read more The post DJI Air 2S Review of Features and Specs appeared first on DroneZon.
- An education today leads to the jobs of tomorrowby Leslie Wolfe on March 23, 2021 at 2:00 pm
Drone program at Warren Community College prepares students for the future The jobs of tomorrow are rooted in the education of today, and a prime example is the UAS program at Warren Community College. The highly regarded program offers a two-year degree and two different one-year Certificates at Warren, which is located in western New The post An education today leads to the jobs of tomorrow first appeared on InterDrone. The post An education today leads to the jobs of tomorrow appeared first on InterDrone.
- DroneUp Acquires Web Teks | Acquisition Accelerates DroneUp’s Tech IPby Leslie Wolfe on March 16, 2021 at 6:31 pm
DroneUp, LLC, a leading global provider of drone technology and services, announced today that it had acquired Web Teks, Inc. Web Teks, a pioneer in enterprise software solutions unique to the UAS industry, designed and developed all of DroneUp’s patented and proprietary platforms. The combination will create a closely collaborative environment that will allow DroneUp The post DroneUp Acquires Web Teks | Acquisition Accelerates DroneUp’s Tech IP first appeared on InterDrone. The post DroneUp Acquires Web Teks | Acquisition Accelerates DroneUp’s Tech IP appeared first on InterDrone.
- The DJI FPV Review of Features and Specsby Ian Shutts on March 13, 2021 at 10:25 am
This review is looking at the new DJI FPV, reviewing all the features and specs and what it means for you. The FPV is a ... Read more The post The DJI FPV Review of Features and Specs appeared first on DroneZon.
- Augmented Reality: A benefit or a burden for drone operators?by RotorDroneMag.com on March 5, 2021 at 6:59 pm
The next time you are out flying, ask yourself: what am I looking at? According to a study by Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University, there’s a pretty good chance that it isn’t your drone—but augmented reality has the potential to help you do a better job of focusing on your aircraft, which is really important, as this The post Augmented Reality: A benefit or a burden for drone operators? appeared first on RotorDrone.
- DJI FPV Droneby Debra Cleghorn on March 2, 2021 at 3:47 pm
DJI’s new cinematic first-person view drone, aptly named “FPV,” comes bundled with DJI’s goggles and a controller for the price of $1,299. The DJI press release notes that it’s suitable for FPV professionals and newcomers to FPV. With 20-minute flight times, the new FPV has a 1/2.3-inch sensor and can film 4K at 60fps and The post DJI FPV Drone appeared first on RotorDrone.
- Drones at Dawn | Episode 3: Yuval Caspi, SkyWatchby Leslie Wolfe on February 17, 2021 at 7:43 pm
Yuval is a licensed insurance broker and drone insurance specialist. For the past two years, she has worked closely with drone pilots and businesses from different sectors to understand their diverse coverage needs. This podcast will explore best business practices to protect yourself and your company from liability. The post Drones at Dawn | Episode 3: Yuval Caspi, SkyWatch first appeared on InterDrone. The post Drones at Dawn | Episode 3: Yuval Caspi, SkyWatch appeared first on InterDrone.
- Episode 72: Brett Kanda, BRINC Drones: UAVs for SWAT Teamsby Leslie Wolfe on February 17, 2021 at 7:11 pm
This week on the Podcast, InterDrone sits down with Brett Kanda, the Vice President of Sales & Marketing for BRINC Drones, who designs and manufactures advanced indoor/outdoor tactical UAV’s for SWAT teams around the World. Prior to joining BRINC, Brett managed FLIR’s commercial UAS business and was responsible for global sales, software partnerships, and policy. The post Episode 72: Brett Kanda, BRINC Drones: UAVs for SWAT Teams first appeared on InterDrone. The post Episode 72: Brett Kanda, BRINC Drones: UAVs for SWAT Teams appeared first on InterDrone.
- What Pete Buttigieg’s Appointment to Secretary of Transportation Means for the Drone Industryby Kara Murphy on February 11, 2021 at 3:49 pm
Pete Buttigieg, the former mayor of South Bend, Indiana, and Democratic presidential candidate during the 2020 primaries, was sworn in recently as Secretary of Transportation. He succeeds Elaine Chao, who was appointed by former President Donald Trump in 2017. Chao abruptly resigned on January 6th in response to the Capitol riots. During her tenure, she The post What Pete Buttigieg’s Appointment to Secretary of Transportation Means for the Drone Industry first appeared on InterDrone. The post What Pete Buttigieg’s Appointment to Secretary of Transportation Means for the Drone Industry appeared first on InterDrone.
- Episode 71: Broadcast vs. Network Remote ID with Kenji Sugahara, Drone Service Providers Allianceby Leslie Wolfe on February 9, 2021 at 7:34 pm
This week on the InterDrone Podcast we sat down with Kenji Sugahara, CEO/President at Drone Service Providers Alliance. Kenji is a UAS technology and policy expert and he was awarded a patent on broadcast remote ID, helped create a framework for the remote ID rule. Watch more InterDrone Podcasts: https://launchpad.aero/podcast/ The post Episode 71: Broadcast vs. Network Remote ID with Kenji Sugahara, Drone Service Providers Alliance first appeared on InterDrone. The post Episode 71: Broadcast vs. Network Remote ID with Kenji Sugahara, Drone Service Providers Alliance appeared first on InterDrone.