Here you can find the best drone FPV goggles range. Our FPV Goggle tips will help you choose the right FPV glasses for you. With the right FPV goggle, flying your drone will be a tremendous immersive experience. Also, we have some of the best FPV goggles deals from Fat Shark, Walkera, DJI, Spektrum , CrazyPony, Eachine, Flysight and many more. Choosing the correct FPV goggles is important because if the goggles don’t fit correctly and are uncomfortable, then you won’t use them. Flying with FPV goggles is one of the best experiences ever. Even using VR goggles to play games or watch movies is a great feeling. When flying a drone, the view is equal to sitting right on the nose of the aircraft. FPV goggles put you right in the heart of the action.
FPV Goggle Tips
This is the specifications which you need understand when choosing an FPV goggle headset;
- Field Of Vision (FOV)
- Interpupillary Distance (IPD)
- Video Resolution
- Digital Head Tracking
Choose an FPV goggle with an FOV of at least 35%, adjustable IPD, FWVGA or SVGA resolution, glass optics and digital head tracking. If you have a Walkera drone, they manufacture FPV goggles for their own range. Buy the best FPV glasses which you can afford and is suitable for you.
FPV Goggle Terminology
FOV – Field Of View
This is the extent to which we can see or observe the world at any given moment. With FPV goggles, generally the field of vision (FOV) viewing range is between 25% to 45%. The higher quality and more expensive FPV goggles tend to have a higher FOV.
Interpupillary Distance (IPD) – This is the distance between the center of the pupils of both your eyes. Everyone one of us have different shaped faces and distances between our eyes. For the best FPV flying view, it is essential the FPV drone goggles allow for both eye pupils to be positioned within the exit pupils of the goggles. If you buy fixed IPD goggles they may not fit your eyes correctly. Adjustable IPD is the best option.
Optics – Glass or Plastic Optics
For viewing clarity and image quality glass optics are by far the best option.
You will see many options regarding resolution on FPV goggles such as QVGA, VGA and SVGA.
- QVGA: 320 x 240 pixels
- VGA: 640 x 480 pixels
- SVGA: 800 x 600 pixels
- FWVGA: 854 x 480 pixels
SVGA and FWVGA are the best choice when it comes to FPV goggle resolution.
Digital Head Tracking
FPV goggles with head tracking. This technology monitors your head movement and sends these signals to your drone. The camera on your drone follows the same orientation as your head does. It brings a whole new experience to drone flying. It’s a tremendous experience and gives you much more flexibility. Most FPV goggles now incorporate digital head tracking.
Check the FPV headset which you are interested in see if it comes with a Receiver Module. If not, then you will need to purchase a compatible Receiver Modules for your FPV Goggles. They are available in 1.3 GHz, 2.4 GHz, or 5.8 GHz options.
For example with the Dominator V3, Fat Shark only guarantees compatibility with Nexwave RF modules. These receiver module is easy to fit. You generally need to remove a door panel on the side of the FPV headset, insert the module, and close the door panel back in place.
Top FPV Goggles For Drones
DJI FPV Goggles
DJI are the most popular drones on the market with something like 70% of the market. However, for a long time, they never had their own FPV glasses. Not any more. DJI now have 2 models of FPV goggles. They now have a Standard and Racing Edition FPV goggle.
DJI Standard Goggle
The DJI Standard Goggle is designed for seamless flying with DJI UAVs. The DJI FPV goggles have the following features;
- Large pair of ultra-high quality screens
- 360 degree coverage
- Low wireless connectivity lag of 110 milliseconds
- Direct control of photo and video capture
- Ergonomic design
- Fly up to 6 hours operation time
DJI Racing Edition Goggle
The DJI RE is designed for fast maneuverability and are compatible with an OcuSync video transmission module and a high-performance camera module, which work together to transmit digital video signal from up to 7 km away with latency as low as 50 ms. The OcuSync Video Transmission Module offers 2.4 and 5.8 GHz dual-band digital video transmission with latency as low as 50 ms and a maximum control range of up to 7 km. Equipped with an array of powerful features, such as 1280 × 960 HD transmission and automatic Frequency Hopping Spread Spectrum (FHSS) transmission, this module is compatible with a variety of multi-rotor and fixed wing aircraft.
- Immersive FPV, a pair of 1920×1080 HD screens and a head tracking feature, enabling you to look at the world from above.
- Works with FPV Air Unit & Remote Controller (Sold Separetely)
- Sold by authorized US dealer
- DJI Goggles support the Mavic series (except for Mavic Air 2、Mavic Mini and Mavic 2 Enterprise), Phantom 4 series, Inspire series, and Spark.
- Country of origin : China
- Some functions have been adapted for different DJI products.
- A pair of 1920×1080 HD screens and a head tracking feature, enabling you to look at the world from above
- Dual 1920 x 1080 HD Screens; 1080p/30 fps Viewing
- 720p/60 fps Viewing; Head Tracking Control
- Intelligent Flight Mode Support; Integrated Touchpad
- HDMI Input & 3.5mm Audio Jack; Micro-USB and microSD Card Support
- Ergonomic, Lightweight Design; Up to 6 Hours Battery Life
- INCLUDES DJI Goggles Body Headband Pagoda Antenna (SMA Interface) Reversed SMA Connector Charger Wire Clip Micro USB Cable HDMI Cable and a Cleaning Cloth
- Compatible with DJI spark Mavic Phantom and inspire Series of drones
- Up to 50MS latency 12 channels available 2 4 and 5 8 GHz dual-band video transmission
- 1280×960 at 50 fps 1280×720 at 60 fps 640×480 at 50 fps
- 148° Field of view Global shutter sensor eliminates jell effect
- DJI FPV Goggles (including the foam padding) × 1
- Power cable × 1
- Antenna × 4
- Headband × 1
- USB-C cable × 1
- Dual 1920 x 1080 HD Screens
- Head Tracking Control
- Intelligent Flight Mode Support
- Integrated Touchpad
- HDMI Input & 3.5mm Audio Jack
- OcuSync Video ,Transmission Module: The OcuSync Video Transmission Module offers 2.4 and 5.8 GHz dual-band digital video transmission with latency as low as 50 ms and a maximum control range of up to 7 km.1 Equipped with an array of powerful features, such as 1280×960 HD transmission,3 and automatic Frequency-Hopping Spread Spectrum (FHSS) transmission, this module is compatible with a variety of multi-rotor and fixed-wing aircraft.
- Camera Module: DJI Goggles RE uses a 1/3” image sensor, providing much higher-resolution video transmission than most analog FPV goggles on the market. It also uses a global shutter, significantly reducing rolling shutter effect caused by high-frequency vibration. Also, its 148° FOV with a low-distortion lens delivers a wide, yet natural-looking camera view. With such an advanced camera, users can control flight accurately and even record a whole flight for ana
- Ultimate Control for Boundless Flight: Access to flight setting adjustments, gimbal control, and precise flight data are necessary for effective drone racing. DJI Goggles RE offer all of this and more.
- Multiple Antennas for Every Flight: DJI Goggles can be purchased with a set of three external antennas for different scenarios. “Pagoda ”（This circularly polarized antenna performs best at 5.8 GHz） “Cylindrical” （ Also circularly polarized, this antenna operates at 2.4 and 5.8 GHz for fully integrated performance）“Dipole” （ Linearly polarized, this antenna operates at 2.4 and 5.8 GHz and is lightweight, allowing for a clear video feed at close distances）
- More Compatibility, More Comfort: Compatible with the Mavic Pro, Spark, Phantom 4 series, and Inspire 2, DJI Goggles RE inherit all the great features of DJI Goggles, including full flight setting control, two high-resolution screens, Head Tracking, and more
- DJI’s top priority delivery channel，direct fulfill by DJI
- Foldable & Portable; 32 MP Sphere Panoramas
- 3-Axis Gimbal & 4K Camera,21-Minute Flight Time
- 3-Directional Environment Sensing,SmartCapture,Advanced Pilot Assistance System
- Immersive FPV, a pair of 1920×1080 HD screens and a head tracking feature, enabling you to look at the world from above
Top Fat Shark Goggles
Fat Shark are perhaps the best known brand for FPV goggles and have been around a long time. Fat Shark FPV goggles are widely available. Most of the pilots in the Drone Racing League are using Fat Shark, which is an testimony to how good Fat Shark goggles are.
- FOV (field of view): 55°
- Format: 16:9
- Display: WQVGA 4.3inch display
- Resolution : 800 X 480 TFT
- DVR: analog video recording
- Attitude V5 OLED Headset 5.8G diversity receiver with OLED display -2019 Latest
- FOV (field of view): 30° – Format: 4:3
- Interpupillary Distance (IPD): 59 to 69 mm (Adjustable)
- Resolution 640 X 400 OLED (NTSC/PAL auto selection)
- Includes: Headset, Circular Antenna, Patch Antenna, 18650 Battery Case, Zipper Case
- Includes high quality, wide field-of-view Recon goggles
- Includes durable, beginner micro quad
- Includes a simple radio that works with the quadcopter, online simulators and other, custom quads
- Adjustable Focus (+2 to -6)
- Integrated Fan Control
- Adjustable Fit Faceplate
- Larger IPD adjustment (54mm to 74mm)
- 1x Fat Shark Scout FPV Goggles
- 1x ImmersionRC SpiroNET 5.8GHz SMA Antenna
- 1x 5G8 Patch Antenna (built-in headset)
- 1x 18650 2600mAh Battery(built-in headset)
- Wireless head tracking and channel selection
- Digital Video Recording (DVR) capability
- Sophisticated 5.8GHz video receiver with integrated LED screen
- Built-in cooling fan prevents fogging
- Adjusts to user’s eye spacing (IPD)
- 2017 Version – FSV3303 DVR Upgrade Kit with 3 cables:
- 12P to 10P cable,used for DOMV2 and original DOM HD.
- 12P to 12P cable,used for updated DOM HD.
- 12P to 12p cable,used for DOM HD and DOM V3.
Other Top Drone FPV Goggles
- Note: 1. This FPV Goggle was not designed for near-sighted or far-sighted user , please make sure to use after vision correction. 2. It is better to charge the FPV goggle after receive it , cause it might consume power during transportation.
- 5.8Ghz Mini FPV Racing Goggles with Double Antennas, more stable signal . Built-in 3.7V/1200mAh high-capacity Li-ion polymer Battery, offer you much more time to enjoy flying.
- Real-time Video Return 5.8G FPV Receiver,Low Time Delay(10 ms-20ms).
- Built-in Super Sensitiveness 5.8GHz 40ch Receiver, Especially with RaceBand. Comes with Advanced Auto-Searching Function ad show the Working Frequency on Screen.
- Mini 3.0 Inch(13.5*13.2*6.5cm) 480*320 Dot High Brightness LCD Screen, small Size and Lightweight. It also comes with a Handbag to Carry it. Please confirm the size is suitable for you before take your order.
- 4.3″ FPV Video Monitor with DVR and Headset
- Part Number: SPMVM435C
- Brand: Spektrum
- Small size and light weight, only 183g, easy to carry and more comfortable to wear.
- Double antenna reception to make the signal more stable.
- Built-in 3.7V/1200mAh high-capacity Li-ion polymer battery, and the longer time to enjoy your flying.
- Built-in super sensitiveness 5.8GHz 40ch receiver, especially with raceband. It’s more convenient, easier and faster under auto-searching.
- Real-time video return, Very low time-delay.
- EHANG VR Goggles let you see through the eyes of GHOST DRONE for a truly immersive experience
- Bluetooth/Wi-Fi + 2.4 GHz data transmission and +5.8 GHz video transmission
- The VIEW SWITCH feature changes the goggle view from video transmission mode to front camera mode with the push of a button so you can see what is in front of you without taking off the goggles