By now all drone users and enthusiasts have noticed that DJI has become one of the worlds leading drone producers and their mavic series have again and again proved their worth. Where the Phantom is the leading standard drone design of DJI, the Mavic has proved to be the workhorse of the foldable drone designs, from casual users that usually get the standard Mavic drones to the more professional users opting for the “pro” versions, the Mavic is here to stay!
After the initial Mavic and the improved Mavic 2, DJI has now produced the Mavic 3 series with even better performance in photography and videography, they teamed up with Hasselblad to produce the dual camera for even higher quality. So naturally new buyers would like to know how to make sure to get the best results with this new Mavic drone, the technical details and performance has already been explained heavily, so why don’t we talk about the parts and accessories now?
Here they are!
In the standard box you ‘ll find the DJI Mavic 3 drone of course, the standard RC-N1 remote controller with 1 pair of spare control sticks, these come in handy when you travel a lot as most Mavic users use this type of drone for its compact design so it fits in your backpack, easy when you can’t use a car to get to the location where you want to fly, although the Mavic was designed to be able to handle a bump or two, the remote may get damaged when on tour and a broken or lost control stick can happen to anyone, this pair of spare ones is pretty useful in those situations.
Next are the 3 types of connector cables for you smartphone to be able to connect to the remote, these are well known to Mavic users as they were also present in previous Mavic series. The battery of course with standard charger, the standard charging cable for the remote and 3 pairs of props just in case a prop gets damaged, it happened a few times with my personal Mavic so you might want to take the spare props with you on your travels!
New to the Mavic 3 series a newly designed storage cover for even better protection during storage or traveling around, we all know you need to protect your equipment as much as possible during travel, you never know what can happen on the road or should I say … on the move?
So far for the standard package, however there are some interesting accessories for the Mavic 3 and we‘ll show them off one by one down here:
The first handy extra is the charging hub. When you choose a combo with more batteries for longer flying times, you may need to charge them as quickly as possible so the charging hub has a space to charge 3 batteries at the same time, saving you a lot of time switching batteries on the single charger.
- Specially designed for DJI Mavic 3,Mavic 3 Classic,Mavic 3 Pro,Mavic 3 Cine,Mavic 3 Enterprise battery
- Input: 5V/9V/12V/15V-3A;20V-5A,Output: 17.6V/4A（65W max）
- Charging time: connect DJI original 65W portable charger,about 90 minutes(DJI original 65W portable charger not included)
- Lightweight and compact, convenient to storage it when you go out
- 【What You Get】 1 x USB charger, Our worry-free 12-month warranty and 100% money back guarantee
There is the Convertible carrying bag for better protection still, as I mentioned above, protection is key when traveling and in the case of travel by airplane, train, other public transport or on foot, you know you bags may endure a bump or two, so you may want to invest in the best protection possible, taking weight into account as well.
- Multiple configurations, larger storage space.
- In the Box: DJI Convertible Carrying Bag × 1
- Compatibility: DJI Mavic 3 Pro, DJI Mavic 3 Pro Cine, DJI Mavic 3, DJI Mavic 3 Cine, DJI Mavic 3 Classic
- English (Publication Language)
The car charger! The DJI 65W car charger answers the demand of the road-tripper and van-life travellers! The biggest problem travellers used to have in the past is the charging of all sorts of batteries for high-end equipment, sure you could charge a phone or a GPS in your car but what about your DSLR camera or your heavy drone batteries? You had to wait until you were in your hotel to charge this kind of equipment! However with the lure of adventure always lurking around the corner … more and more people would go on hikes or camping trips, resulting in dead batteries or very slow charging times or very expensive solutions like generators or solar stations. Luckily those days are over, most cameras can now be charged in your car while driving and DJI has followed this trend as well by producing the car charger for the Mavic 3 to charge directly.
- 【Input:】DC 12-16V 10A.
- 【Output:】Battery: DC 17.6V/6A (branch output: 3A x2), USB: DC 5V/2A.
- 【Charging time:】about 100 minutes to fully charge 2 Mavic 3 / Mavic 3 Cine batteries.
- 【Multiple protection:】Overcharge, overcurrent, overvoltage, overheating, overload and short circuit protection, intelligent chip control, stable charging without hurting the battery.
- 【Weight and Size:】Net weight: 153g, Package weight: 185g, Package size: 16.4 x 9.8 x 3cm.
Filters? Now this may just as well be the best accessory for the Mavic 3 series, DJI produced 2 sets of filters for the camera! Photographers and videographers know exactly what I ‘m talking about … light! The first set contains 3 filters (ND4/8/16/32), the precisely designed filter with high-quality light-reducing materials give you the opportunity to reduce the income of light for shutter speed control, needed in longer exposures or too bright conditions. The second set contains another 4 filters, also of a high quality mechanical design so they will fit properly on the camera … you wouldn’t want the filter to fall off during flight now, would you? … these are the ND64/128/256/512 filters for even better control in difficult light conditions, more than covering the need of any photographer or videographer!
- The ND Filters Set includes ND4, ND8, ND16, and ND32. These high-quality, light-reducing ND filters provide advanced users with precise control over shutter speed, and ensure clean footage even when the shutter opens to 180° with low ISO during recording.
- Made of high-quality light reduction materials, this filters set helps you capture true colors and stunning highlight and low-light details. A precise snap-joint design ensures a reliable fit and lens seal during flight.
- Shutter opening angle is a common way of describing the shutter speed relative to the frame rate. For example, if the camera is recording at 24 fps with the shutter open at 180°, the exposure time is 1/48 second.
- Individual Weight: 2.3 g
- Compatibility：DJI Mavic 3、DJI Mavic 3 Cine
The standard issue remote controller doesn’t have a monitor on its own so you need to connect a smartphone or tablet with one of the 3 types of connector cables, however the standard clips are too small for holding a tablet, some people may prefer to use a tablet instead of a phone so here is the solution: the RC-N1 Remote Controller Tablet Holder will simply attach to remote controller and hold your tablet firmly in place while you focus on flying and filming. Another attachment for the Remote Controller is the RC-N1 Remote Controller Monitor Hood, a very handy tool to use on those bright days when you can’t really see the monitor on your phone due to reflection of bright light on the screen, simply attach this hood and you will have a good undisturbed view on the monitor.
- Lightweight Body – With a built-in antenna and weighing just 390 grams, DJI RC offers improved performance and ultimate convenience while flying.
- FHD Screen – A 5.5-inch full-HD screen with a continuous high brightness of up to 700 nits provides a clear display for effortless use.” “4hr Battery – Fly longer to see and capture more with the DJI RC’s 4hr max battery life.
- 4hr Battery – Fly longer to see and capture more with the DJI RC’s 4hr max battery life.
- Precision Control Sticks – The DJI RC is equipped with new dual-spring control sticks, giving users a more delicate and precise feel for smoother flying.
- O3+ Transmission – When using O3+ compatible drones, enjoy low-latency live feeds at resolutions up to 1080p/60fps. Note: DJI RC will automatically switch to the transmission technology of compatible camera drones.
DJI naturally has produced propeller guards for the Mavic 3 as well. When flying in more challenging areas where obstacles might occur, it is always wise to attach a pair of DJI Propeller guards to make sure your drone doesn’t get a damaged prop or worse crash when you bump into something during flight … trees or animals come to mind … certainly when you‘re not yet experienced enough in those awesome manoeuvres to get the best footage!
- Improving flight safety; quick assembly and disassembly.
- In the Box: Propeller Guard (set) × 1
- Compatibility: DJI Mavic 3 Classic, DJI Mavic 3, DJI Mavic 3 Cine, DJI Mavic 3 Enterprise Series
All of these accessories are pretty inexpensive and handy, now there is one more very BIG thing you may want to consider. Any experienced drone pilot knows the problem with a remote controller and attachments by cable to smartphone or tablet … you can lose a cable, small damages to connection ports or cables can be a problem, transport is an issue and of course, the phone itself, you use that phone or tablet for other things as well, is it fully charged as well? But you need it to see what the drone sees and you want the best results of your photo and video work!
Why not use a professional remote instead? DJI has added the option to use a fully integrated professional remote controller for the Mavic 3, the DJI RC Pro. At 999 euro it’s pretty expensive but certainly worth the money!
The big advantage of this remote controller is the integrated display, saving the need to attach a smartphone or tablet, reducing the number of accessories you need to carry around. The control sticks have been borrowed from the DJI FPV drone, ensuring a smoother flight and therefore resulting in better video quality. This remote controller offers better quality in both audio and video transmission and even has an increased storage capacity, it has been specially designed for high quality photography and video.
Now if your appetite has been tempted … go get yourself a DJI Mavic 3 and fly it like never before!
- 4/3 CMOS Hasselblad Camera – The legendary Swedish brand Hasselblad customized the L2D-20c aerial camera for the Mavic 3 Series, embedding a professional-grade 4/3 CMOS into an incredibly compact space.
- 5.1K HD Video – Professional-grade imaging performance for sharper details. It can also record 4K/60fps pictures through oversampling technology.
- 46-Min Max Flight Time – Compatible with Mavic 3-Series batteries for up to 40 minutes of hovering and up to 46 minutes of flight time. Empowers creators to capture more content with less worry.
- Omnidirectional Obstacle Sensing – With APAS 5.0, Mavic 3 Classic can detect objects in all directions at all times during flight, and smoothly avoid obstacles, making flights exceptionally safe.
- 15km HD Video Transmission – Mavic 3 Classic offers a 15km (9.3 miles) max transmission range. This extends shooting possibilities with stable signal and a crystal-clear 1080p/60fps feed.