Read the latest drone news today along with new developments in the unmanned aircraft systems aviation (UAV) industry.
These daily drone news articles cover the latest innovations, developments, research and regulations from the top UAV bloggers, service providers and manufacturers.
Drone news and articles from experts including SUAS News, UAV Expert News, DroneBlog, Unmanned Aerial, Rotor Drone Mag, Dronelife, 3DR, the Drone Girl, Gizmodo drone feed and many more.
This drone news web page covers today and the previous 7 days of drone news.
Latest Drone News
Scroll down for all the latest drone news. Articles open in a separate tab.
- Is DJI Owned by China? Drone Manufacturer DJI Debunks Myths Following DOJ Orderby Jason Reagan on October 26, 2020 at 11:42 pm
Nearly two weeks after the U.S. Department of Justice (DOJ) banned its agencies from using DJI drones and other UAS manufactured by a so-called Covered Foreign Entity, the Chinese drone maker addressed several “myths” about the company: including a pervasive belief that DJI is owned by the Chinese government and other false claims made by The post Is DJI Owned by China? Drone Manufacturer DJI Debunks Myths Following DOJ Order appeared first on DRONELIFE.
- ANAFI USA and Pix4D: Compatible to Create Complete Solutionsby Miriam McNabb on October 26, 2020 at 11:00 pm
Parrot, the leading European drone group, and Pix4D, the leading professional photogrammetry and drone mapping software company, “are excited to announce the latest generation ANAFI USA drone is now compatible with the Pix4D software suite,” says a Parrot press release. That’s not a surprise, as Parrot owns 95% of Pix4D. It does indicate, however, that The post ANAFI USA and Pix4D: Compatible to Create Complete Solutions appeared first on DRONELIFE.
- Veronte autopilot 4x, first redundant flight computer for eVTOLby Press on October 26, 2020 at 9:01 pm
eVTOL industry is rising and we are rapidly discovering a wide variety of new eVTOL aircraft designs that will be operative very soon performing manned flights flying over traffic jams and over the cities. It is well known that one of the main challenges that the eVTOL systems are facing, is to ensure the reliability of
- DJI and Mercedes Benz: EQ Formula E Team Racing Team [VIDEO]by Harry McNabb on October 26, 2020 at 8:55 pm
DJI is moving way beyond drone hardware to providing all types of innovative visual tools. Now, DJI and Mercedes Benz are partnering to help bring new fans to the E division: car racing with highly modified specially built electric racing circuit. The E is for electric only: races are held in major cities worldwide. (See The post DJI and Mercedes Benz: EQ Formula E Team Racing Team [VIDEO] appeared first on DRONELIFE.
- Industry leaders Parrot and Pix4D unite to offer the most complete professional solutions with ANAFI USAby Press on October 26, 2020 at 8:51 pm
ANAFI USA and the Pix4D software suite now offer even more comprehensive and powerful solutions to respond to professionals’ ever-growing specific needs. Parrot, the leading European drone group, and Pix4D, the leading professional photogrammetry and drone mapping software company, are excited to announce the latest generation ANAFI USA drone is now compatible with the Pix4D
- Liftoff: have your say in developing UK standards for dronesby Press on October 26, 2020 at 8:46 pm
Take the opportunity to add your voice to the debate: follow the link to this BSI drone industry standards survey now: https://www.smartsurvey.co.uk/s/HSDSVW/ Don’t miss your chance: the survey is open to the end of October and results to be advised end of year …Philip Hicks, founder and director of Pravo Consulting, strategic communication and research consultancy
- Blue Bear demonstrates simultaneous remote launch swarming technologyby Press on October 26, 2020 at 8:40 pm
Blue Bear has successfully demonstrated 7 UAS simultaneously taking off with its push button ‘remote launch’ technology, which allows a remote operator, virtually anywhere in the world, to be able to command a fleet of VTOL Fixed Wing UAS to take off and transition into individual or cooperative swarming missions. Blue Bear Ghost UAS was
- Episode 60: Inside the Northern Plains UAS Test Site with Executive Director, Nicholas Flomby CJ Smith on October 26, 2020 at 7:09 pm
This week on the InterDrone Podcast we sat down with Nicholas Flom, the Executive Director for the Northern Plains Unmanned Aircraft Systems (UAS) Test Site. We spoke about DJI being named the top commercial drone maker with an estimated 70% market share, the BVLOS network North Dakota is building and Nick and his team’s role
- TEKEVER demonstrates Manned – Unmanned Teaming at AWE19by Press on October 26, 2020 at 4:44 pm
TAKEVER demonstrates AR4 platform on Salisbury Plain with new software to enhance mission planning and target detection with the Defence Science and Technology Laboratory Dstl and the Army This Research Project developed new technologies to reduce operator burden in three key areas of Mission Planning, Mission Execution and Data Monitoring Project funded via Defence and
- EASA delivers broker solution to enable European-wide sharing of drone registration databy Press on October 26, 2020 at 3:39 pm
COLOGNE, October, 2020 – The European Union Aviation Safety Agency (EASA) has delivered a digitalised and secure system for the exchange of drones registration data among the national authorities of the Member States, putting the technical framework in place to allow registered users to fly their drones anywhere in the European Union with a single registration.
- Quaternium partners with Löweheiser EFI startup to achieve a new Flight Record of 10 hours 14 minutes with HYBRiX droneby Press on October 26, 2020 at 3:30 pm
The unprecedented flight started at 8:20h. in the morning with an experimental version of HYBRiX drone with a full tank of 16 liters. The drone landed at 18:34hr. after 10 hours and 14 minutes in the air. Several enhancements were made on HYBRiX to achieve this milestone but the most exciting was partnering with EFI
- Autel Evo 2 Review Of Features, Specifications With FAQsby Fintan Corrigan on October 26, 2020 at 1:40 pm
This Autel Evo 2 review looks at the outstanding features of this new quadcopter along with its various cameras. The new Evo 2 drone is ... Read more The post Autel Evo 2 Review Of Features, Specifications With FAQs appeared first on DroneZon.
- Nexus Nine Enhanced CAA permissionsby Press on October 26, 2020 at 1:33 pm
Nexus Nine Ltd is pleased to announce the granting of Civil Aviation Authority (CAA) authorisations for conducting UAS operations, inlcuding: Extended Visual Line of Sight (EVLOS); Beyond Visual Line of Sight (BVLOS); Reduced Separation from third parties. Nexus Nine is now able to operate a range of Small Unmanned Aerial Vehicles (SUAS) at increased height,
- DJI Launches Effort To Debunk Myths About Data Governanceby Press on October 26, 2020 at 1:27 pm
New “BUSTED” Blog Post Counters False Claims With Facts And References October 26, 2020 – DJI, the world’s leader in civilian drones and aerial imaging technology, today launched a new effort to debunk false claims about the company and its data governance practices on DJI’s ViewPoints blog. “BUSTED: Five Common Myths About DJI” is the first
- Air traffic controller involved with Gatwick drone incident speaks outby Sally French on October 26, 2020 at 12:24 pm
Hundreds of thousands of passengers’ flights were disrupted during the busy holiday travel season two years ago thanks to what’s now known as the Gatwick drone incident. About 1,000 flights were cancelled between Dec. 19 and Dec. 21, 2018 at London’s Gatwick Airport, which is the UK’s second busiest airport, after multiple drones were spotted The post Air traffic controller involved with Gatwick drone incident speaks out appeared first on The Drone Girl.
- Rigitech and Leonardo perform Italys first long range BVLOS delivery flightby Press on October 26, 2020 at 10:23 am
RigiTech, in collaboration with Leonardo and Telespazio, have made history in Italy this week by performing long-range drone-based deliveries of healthcare material between two hospitals near Rome’s Fiumicino airport. RigiTech have reached a new milestone on the way to opening the skies for healthcaredeliveries in Europe – the first long-range Beyond-Visual-Line-of-Sight (BVLOS) deliveries of biological
- DJI Mavic Air 2 Review Of Features, Specs And FAQsby Fintan Corrigan on October 25, 2020 at 11:15 am
This DJI Mavic Air 2 review looks at the terrific features, specifications and answers the most frequently asked questions on this latest top drone from ... Read more The post DJI Mavic Air 2 Review Of Features, Specs And FAQs appeared first on DroneZon.
- How Drones Are Changing Natural Disaster Responseby Droneblog Editor on October 24, 2020 at 1:02 pm
Guest post by Emily Folk Unmanned aerial vehicles (UAVs), or drones, are versatile innovations. They’re fast, powerful tools that can capture pictures and videos and even collect air or soil samples. Natural disaster drones are especially critical. They help with understanding the damage after a disaster, locating people who need help, distributing resources and preparing
- Iris Automation and City of Reno Partner on River Search and Rescue Programby Miriam McNabb on October 23, 2020 at 8:35 pm
Iris Automation, providers of the Casia onboard Detect and Avoid (DAA) collision avoidance system, has partnered with the City of Reno under the Federal Aviation Administration’s (FAA) Unmanned Aircraft Systems (UAS) Integration Pilot Program (IPP). The partnership is to develop the River Search and Rescue Program, designed to equip the city’s fire department with drone The post Iris Automation and City of Reno Partner on River Search and Rescue Program appeared first on DRONELIFE.
- Section 2209 Isn’t Familiar to Most Drone Operators – but Advocates Urge the FAA to Comply with itby Miriam McNabb on October 23, 2020 at 8:02 pm
Section 2209 of the FAA Extension, Safety and Security Act of 2016 (the Act) hasn’t been implemented yet. But a group of drone industry advocates urge the FAA to act quickly, in a letter sent to the FAA. Section 2209 was designed to provide some authorities, such as state governments, with a process to apply to The post Section 2209 Isn’t Familiar to Most Drone Operators – but Advocates Urge the FAA to Comply with it appeared first on DRONELIFE.
- Ware Closes Funding Round: the Drone Solution for Warehouse Inventory Countingby Miriam McNabb on October 23, 2020 at 7:07 pm
The latest drone industry startup to score new funding is CA-based Ware, a technology startup deploying autonomous drones for warehouse inventory counting. The Ware funding, $2.5 million in seed-round funding, is heavily driven by drone industry insiders who recognize the potential market for warehouse applications. The Ware funding round was led by “UP Partners, with The post Ware Closes Funding Round: the Drone Solution for Warehouse Inventory Counting appeared first on DRONELIFE.
- How to get booked as a drone conference speaker, according to someone who has spoken across 4 continentsby Sally French on October 23, 2020 at 12:33 pm
Fiona Lake is a professional photographer specializing in agriculture. She’s been in the field for more than 30 years, but in recent years has built up her expertise as a drone pilot focusing on aerial photography. She’s built up her expertise so much, so that she’s become a world-renowned drone conference speaker and drone industry The post How to get booked as a drone conference speaker, according to someone who has spoken across 4 continents appeared first on The Drone Girl.
- NASA’s STEReO: Air Traffic Management for Emergency Responseby Miriam McNabb on October 22, 2020 at 7:40 pm
By DRONELIFE Staff Writer Jim Magill As emergency managers readily adopt the use of drones to aid in the response to natural disasters such as wildfires and hurricanes, the skies above those disaster zones are becoming increasingly crowded with aerial vehicles, both manned and unmanned, creating the need for an automated aerial traffic cop. Enter The post NASA’s STEReO: Air Traffic Management for Emergency Response appeared first on DRONELIFE.
- Parrot Partners with U.S. Firm to Spark Better Battery Chargeby Jason Reagan on October 22, 2020 at 7:27 pm
European drone maker Parrot has announced a partnership with Colorado Drone Chargers to market what company officials are calling a “revolutionary charging system.” A Parrot press releases states the charger will allow drone pilots to simultaneously charge four Parrot ANAFI USA 3400mAh flight batteries in the field in less time than a standard charging system. The CDC The post Parrot Partners with U.S. Firm to Spark Better Battery Charge appeared first on DRONELIFE.
- Join my masterclass on ‘How to pitch your drone business to the press’by Sally French on October 22, 2020 at 11:37 am
Want to learn how to pitch your drone business to the press? Like, getting coverage here — or a news site that’s even bigger? I know a thing or two about how to successfully pitch your drone business. After all, I get dozens of pitches each week. And I’m sharing my years of insights and The post Join my masterclass on ‘How to pitch your drone business to the press’ appeared first on The Drone Girl.
- British Team Completes 72 Hour Drone Flight Testby Jason Reagan on October 21, 2020 at 4:00 pm
A drone with a 150-foot wingspan just completed a 72-hour endurance trial near the English town of Farnborough. A solar-electric, fixed-wing drone, the PHASA-35 completed trials earlier this month in a simulated environment designed to model harsh stratospheric conditions. A collaborative effort by BAE Systems, Prismatic and the UK’s Defence Science and Technology Laboratory (Dstl), the The post British Team Completes 72 Hour Drone Flight Test appeared first on DRONELIFE.
- Episode 59: Understanding ‘Crowddroning’, DJI Ban, First LTE Connection via Drone w/ Helena Samsioeby CJ Smith on October 21, 2020 at 3:44 pm
This week on the InterDrone Podcast we sat down with Helena Samsioe, Founder & CEO GLOBHE, a global drone service provider in Sweden. She is also a Forbes World’s Top 50 Women in Tech. GLOBHE launched the world’s first Crowddroning platform where drone pilots around the world take on paid freelance missions to deliver drone
- DOJ Reports Multiple Drone Violations During Public Eventsby Jason Reagan on October 21, 2020 at 11:22 am
The justice department last week issued a report detailing FBI counter drone missions at key special events in what officials called an attempt to draw attention to rogue drone pilots. The report breaks down the events into “National Special Security Events (NSSEs), Special Events Assessment Rating (SEAR) events, and select mass gatherings throughout the country The post DOJ Reports Multiple Drone Violations During Public Events appeared first on DRONELIFE.
- DJI Pocket 2 improves on camera, microphone in original Osmo Pocketby Sally French on October 21, 2020 at 9:51 am
DJI has a new handheld camera on the market just in time for the holidays called the DJI Pocket 2 — and it improves upon the camera and microphone that we saw in the original DJI Osmo Pocket which was first released back in 2018. The second generation of the Osmo Pocket was revealed on The post DJI Pocket 2 improves on camera, microphone in original Osmo Pocket appeared first on The Drone Girl.
- Top Mavic Air 2 Footage Over Santorini, New England, Mallorca & Northern Irelandby Fintan Corrigan on October 20, 2020 at 1:45 pm
Here are some terrific Mavic Air 2 footage videos, showing you how good this latest drone from DJI really is. These Mavic Air 2 footage ... Read more The post Top Mavic Air 2 Footage Over Santorini, New England, Mallorca & Northern Ireland appeared first on DroneZon.
- Pharmaceutical giant Merck could deliver refrigerated vaccines via droneby Sally French on October 20, 2020 at 10:01 am
While there’s no coronavirus vaccine yet, pharmaceutical giant Merck wants to be ready for when the time comes. That’s all due to recent Merck drone delivery tests to study how drones can deliver cold chain medicines. The drones, which are vertical take-off and landing drones being operated by Volansi, are flying from a Merck manufacturing The post Pharmaceutical giant Merck could deliver refrigerated vaccines via drone appeared first on The Drone Girl.
- New Osmo Pocket? DJI to launch a handheld camera tomorrowby Sally French on October 19, 2020 at 9:28 am
DJI is launching a new product tomorrow, and all signs indicate it will be a handheld camera — possibly a new version of the Osmo Action or a new Osmo Pocket 2. DJI will host an event on Tuesday, Oct. 20 at 9 a.m. ET called Capture Magic At Hand. The company that rose to The post New Osmo Pocket? DJI to launch a handheld camera tomorrow appeared first on The Drone Girl.
- 12 Best Follow Me Drones And Follow You Technology Reviewedby Fintan Corrigan on October 18, 2020 at 8:00 am
With Follow Me drone technology, the UAV is programmed to automatically follow you around, giving you plenty of opportunities to film unique aerial shots. At ... Read more The post 12 Best Follow Me Drones And Follow You Technology Reviewed appeared first on DroneZon.
- 5 Essential Safety Rules You Need to Consider When Filming with a Droneby Droneblog Editor on October 17, 2020 at 1:10 am
Operating a drone and shooting video at the same time is by far not an easy task. More importantly, it involves safety matters when shooting in publicly available locations. In this article you will find advice on how to shoot video with a drone safely. First, we’ll cover some of the key safety rules
- How One Female Drone Pilot is Continuing the Pioneering Aviation Tradition of Amelia Earhart and Amy Johnsonby Droneblog Editor on October 17, 2020 at 12:58 am
Professional drone pilot Annalisa Russell-Smith is following in the footsteps of pioneers Amelia Earhart and Amy Johnson as the aviation industry enters a whole new age. For she’s one of the first civilians to be able to fly a drone not only out of visual sight but operating one in another country while here in
- How to get a Part 107 Remote Pilot Certificate if you already hold a Part 141 certificateby Sally French on October 16, 2020 at 12:51 pm
If you are looking to get your FAA drone pilot license, there are two routes you can take to get there depending on which of the two categories you call into: either you’re a first time pilot, or you’re an existing Part 61 Certificate holder (that means you already have your Private Pilot License). But The post How to get a Part 107 Remote Pilot Certificate if you already hold a Part 141 certificate appeared first on The Drone Girl.
- Episode 58: Skydio’s BVLOS Waiver, Understanding cUAS, the FCC’s Role in UAS with Jennifer Richterby CJ Smith on October 15, 2020 at 8:00 pm
This week on the InterDrone Podcast we sat down with Jennifer Richter, Partner at Akin Gump LLP. Jennifer is a subject matter expert for the FCC, the FAA, and the Department of Homeland Security (DHS). We spoke about: Skydio’s BVLOS Waiver for Bridge Inspections Anti-drone tech’s tangled regulatory landscape Women to Watch in the Drone
- Government Privacy Watchdog Asked to Investigate Surveillance of Black Lives Matterby Dell Cameron on October 15, 2020 at 5:20 pm
A group of Democratic lawmakers on Thursday urged the government’s privacy and civil liberties watchdog to launch an investigation into claims of government surveillance at protests against police violence and racial inequality spurred this year by the death of George Floyd in Minneapolis police custody.Read more...
- InterDrone Interview: Dave Sharpin, CEO of Auterion GSby Kara Murphy on October 15, 2020 at 3:14 pm
With government agencies starting to ban or phase out Chinese-made drones, companies that are manufacturing them in other parts of the world, particularly America, are emerging with large-scale enterprise solutions. One that has made headlines recently, for many reasons, is Auterion – which is well-known in the drone industry as their largest open-source platform. InterDrone
- Passing or failing your Part 107 test: 5 factors that could make the differenceby Guest Post on October 15, 2020 at 12:00 pm
While anyone can pass the Part 107 test, it’s not always as easy as you might think. Some aspiring professional remote pilots get lulled into a false sense of security by thinking they can memorize answers from Part 107 practice tests and easily pass. You don’t want to be that person who ends up failing The post Passing or failing your Part 107 test: 5 factors that could make the difference appeared first on The Drone Girl.
- DJI Mavic Mini Review Of Features, Specs Along With FAQsby Fintan Corrigan on October 14, 2020 at 7:15 pm
This DJI Mavic Mini FlyCam review looks at the outstanding features, specifications and frequently asked questions on this latest mini quadcopter. To fit so much ... Read more The post DJI Mavic Mini Review Of Features, Specs Along With FAQs appeared first on DroneZon.
- DroneDeploy’s new 360 Walkthrough product signals move outside drone industryby Sally French on October 14, 2020 at 12:01 pm
The company may have the word drone prominently featured in its name, but DroneDeploy is making moves outside of the drone industry with its latest product. DroneDeploy on Tuesday announced 360 Walkthrough, a feature of the namesake DroneDeploy platform that now works with both aerial and any on-the-ground 360-cameras (hand-held or robotic). The idea is The post DroneDeploy’s new 360 Walkthrough product signals move outside drone industry appeared first on The Drone Girl.
- All the best 2020 Amazon Prime Day drone dealsby Sally French on October 13, 2020 at 2:57 pm
The big shopping bonanza is here! And yes, that means tons of 2020 Amazon Prime Day drone deals. You’ll find ultra-popular drones, like DJI’s Mavic Mini on sale. You’ll find toy drones for sale — great for getting kids (or a newbie adult) into the hobby. And perhaps most importantly for a drone pilot who The post All the best 2020 Amazon Prime Day drone deals appeared first on The Drone Girl.
- 12 Top Drones With Cameras, GPS, Autopilot And Low Pricesby Fintan Corrigan on October 12, 2020 at 6:15 pm
The top drones with 4k cameras reviewed here also have excellent GPS and autopilot systems, giving you many options, when it comes to flying, aerial ... Read more The post 12 Top Drones With Cameras, GPS, Autopilot And Low Prices appeared first on DroneZon.
- Best Drone Camera Filters For Landscape Photography Explainedby Fintan Corrigan on October 10, 2020 at 5:20 pm
Using drone lens filters for aerial landscape photography will bring the quality of your images and video to the next level. This post takes you ... Read more The post Best Drone Camera Filters For Landscape Photography Explained appeared first on DroneZon.
- 7 Ultra Scenic UNESCO Sites By Drone Reveal Heaven On Earthby Fintan Corrigan on October 7, 2020 at 5:30 pm
These 5 UNESCO sites filmed by drones will leave you breathless. These magnificent aerial videos are of the Guilin Yangshuo region in China, the Son ... Read more The post 7 Ultra Scenic UNESCO Sites By Drone Reveal Heaven On Earth appeared first on DroneZon.
- Freefly Systems and Auterion announce Astro, their new enterprise drone solutionby Kara Murphy on October 7, 2020 at 5:22 pm
Freefly Systems, which is known for producing high-end cinematography drones, including the Alta X, and Auterion, the largest open source drone software platform, recently announced the release of the Astro drone. An Enterprise solution combining respective hardware and software expertise from Freefly and Auterion, the Astro is geared toward commercial professionals working in utility, telco,
- Episode 57: Drone Deliveries, DJI’s ‘Local Mode’, a Drone Industry Perspective with Tom Walkerby CJ Smith on October 7, 2020 at 5:14 pm
This week on the InterDrone Podcast we sat down with Tom Walker, CEO of DroneUp. DroneUp provides end to end services for autonomous missions. We spoke about a drone which carried a human kidney over Las Vegas desert in what could be the future of organ transportation, Walmart using drones to deliver Covid-19 tests, and
- Well, Sure: Drone With a Shotgunby Joanna Nelius on October 5, 2020 at 9:45 pm
In partnership with the United Kingdom’s Strategic Command, which supports the Ministry of Defence, an unnamed company has developed a new battle-ready drone to assist armed forces with dangerous ground operations during urban warfare.Read more...
- What Is FPV Camera Technology In Drones And Best Usesby Fintan Corrigan on October 5, 2020 at 5:40 pm
FPV cameras are small, light and reasonably priced. The FPV camera is mounted onto a drone to send real time video down to the ground ... Read more The post What Is FPV Camera Technology In Drones And Best Uses appeared first on DroneZon.
- How Do Drones Work And What Is Drone Technologyby Fintan Corrigan on October 1, 2020 at 10:15 am
What is a drone and how do drones work is answered here in this easy to understand article. UAV drone technology is constantly evolving as ... Read more The post How Do Drones Work And What Is Drone Technology appeared first on DroneZon.
- Episode 56: FAA to Certify Some Drones Under Part 21, Drone Cinematography & Education with Skip Fredricksby CJ Smith on September 30, 2020 at 5:52 pm
This week on the InterDrone Podcast we sat down with Skip Fredericks, Drone Cinematographer, and Instructor, and Founder of Hollywood Drones. We spoke about the FAA slowly moving toward the certification of drones through the Part 21 framework, states which are taking drone laws and UAS regulation into their own hands by passing legislation, and
- Walmart Partners with Quest Diagnostics and DroneUp for Free COVID-19 Test Kit Deliveryby Kara Murphy on September 30, 2020 at 5:50 pm
If you’re looking to get tested for COVID-19 but don’t want to be in close proximity to people, Walmart has a solution. The retail giant has partnered with Quest Diagnostics and DroneUp, a nationwide drone services provider, to deliver free at-home self-collection kits to single-family residences within a 1-mile radius of its Supercenters in North
- Registration is Open for InterDrone Online, December 15-17by CJ Smith on September 28, 2020 at 7:24 am
InterDrone, The International Drone Conference & Expo, Launches InterDrone Online, a digital networking event for the commercial drone industry. InterDrone Online is a three-day virtual experience featuring live-streamed keynotes, panels, fireside chats, business solutions, product showcases, live demos, ample community connection opportunities, and other exciting ways to connect. InterDrone Online will convene UAS manufacturers, thought leaders, regulators, service providers, and end-users, fostering an actionable dialogue among industry stakeholders. Speakers Headlining InterDrone Online’s speaker faculty are some familiar faces, and some first-time InterDrone speakers, across verticals within the commercial drone industry Dawn Zoldi P3 Tech Consulting Terry Martin Nova Systems Sharon Rossmark Women And Drones Romeo Durscher DJI Leesa J Papier FAA Keenan Newton Lynwood Fire Dept Joshua Turner Federal Communications Bar Association Dr. Tulinda Larsen Skylark Services Randall Warnas FLIR Jennifer Andrews Bell Technology Grant Guillot Adams and Reese LLP Patricia Refo American Bar Association; Snell & Wilmer View All Speakers Networking Networking events, social functions, and ancillary experiences will build relationships for InterDrone Online Attendees. Attend the Women and Drones Luncheon or InterDrone Career Connect to meet other industry members and stakeholders. Learn More Sessions InterDrone’s conference series features a robust commercial drone training program with 60+ panels, sessions, drone workshops, courses, and keynote presentations spread across 5 distinct co-located events: Public Safety Inspection Surveying & Mapping Engineering & Construction Business, Imaging & Policy Through the curated InterDrone content, attendees can enterprise-grade training, and learn practical information for advancing their business, whether flying a UAV for public safety, construction, infrastructure inspection, real estate, aerial photography or construction. Exhibits The online expo floor will connect vendors with procurement officers, looking to learn more about drone technology, connect with DSPs, and source products from airframes, to sensors, gimbals, and more. The InterDrone Online web interface will allow attendees to easily pop in and out of digital ‘booths’, view product listings and videos, and chat with representatives, all within one easy to use interface. Learn More
- Your FedEx Packages May Soon Arrive By Autonomous Cargo Planeby Alyse Stanley on September 28, 2020 at 12:11 am
It’s 2020, and while the skies aren’t full of flying cars like we thought it would be by now, something else straight out of science fiction just got closer to reality: pilotless cargo planes delivering whatever stupid shit you ordered online. Read more...
- Ring's New Always Home Cam Is Actually an Indoor Spy Droneby Sam Rutherford on September 24, 2020 at 6:07 pm
Among an avalanche of new Echo and Ring devices announced by Amazon today, there’s one that stuck out as a clear step towards our dystopian future: the Ring Always Home Cam.Read more...
- Episode 55: Walmart Partners with Zipline, North Dakota’s BVLOS Network, a Drone Legal Perspective with Mark McKinnonby CJ Smith on September 24, 2020 at 1:24 pm
This week on the InterDrone Podcast we sat down with Mark McKinnon, Partner at Fox Rothschild LLP. Mark has nearly three decades of experience in aviation and transportation law. He is particularly well versed in unmanned aircraft systems (UAS) law, assisting clients in their efforts to obtain approval for complex commercial UAS operations, including beyond
- CBP Drones Conducted Flyovers Near Homes of Indigenous Pipeline Activists, Flight Records Showby Yessenia Funes and Dhruv Mehrotra on September 18, 2020 at 3:11 pm
Tom Goldtooth awoke on Feb. 21 expecting a pretty regular day ahead. And by all accounts, his day was normal. He was on the road by 11 a.m. to catch a flight. But unbeknownst to him, around the same time as he left, U.S. Customs and Border Protection was watching his home in Beltrami County, Minnesota, from 20,000…Read more...
- U.S. Troops Asked About Using 'Heat Ray' Weapon Against Protesters, According to Whistleblowerby Matt Novak on September 17, 2020 at 1:10 pm
Federal troops in Washington, D.C. considered using high-tech weapons, including sound cannons and so-called “heat rays,” against protesters outside the White House in June, according to sworn testimony from a whistleblower with the D.C. National Guard. The new evidence was obtained by both NPR and the Washington Post…Read more...
- Best DJI Phantom 4 Pro Camera Settings For Perfect Aerial Filmingby Fintan Corrigan on September 16, 2020 at 7:15 pm
Here are the best camera settings for the Phantom 4 Pro. Whether taking photos or filming with your Phantom 4 Pro, there is a huge ... Read more The post Best DJI Phantom 4 Pro Camera Settings For Perfect Aerial Filming appeared first on DroneZon.